I am a owner of a recue need all the help i can get please

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkA

hello my name is Amber and i am a owner of a juvenile bearded dragon this was very unexpected my husband and i were going to buy a enclosure from a lady on a sale site from facebook when we got there the enclosure that the women had for sale had a bearded dragon in it and the poor baby looked so bad she said she didn't want her and was scared of her the tank was nasty and she was so tiny and lifeless so when the lady said i could have her for $20 or she was just going to take her out and throw her in something i had no idea how to take care of her but i knew i could learn we brought her home and then i went to the local pet shop bought the right lights the uvb light supplements and all the insects that the pet stores had to offer came home a gave her a bath after watching a youtube video on it then used the cleaners and got to work on the tank and everything in it then once everything was dry put it back in and her back fed her i have had her for a couple days and i am just trying to learn everything i can about her care i want to make sure she is happy and healthy

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor thing. I'm glad you were able to get her out of that situation. We'll do the best we can to help you out. Cleaning her up and cleaning her enclosure is a good start. High quality lighting is also important, so I'm glad you addressed that quickly. Getting her started on a healthy diet will also be important, but it may take some time for her to adjust. Do you have an idea of how old she is?

If you could post some photos of her and her enclosure, that would be helpful so we have a better idea where to start in terms of offering advice. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom