Hypo Babies! - The Coliosis Clan - Pics pg 11/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my, you must be SO excited and you'll post pics when they're all hatched right? Oh I wish I lived closer, I've never seen a baby hatch in person, you must be just full of joy. Wonder if you'll be able to figure out who the daddy is?

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Original Poster
They're Maalik's! One is out, 6 others have hatched!
DSC03032_zpsbb420fe9.jpg

DSC03029_zps7bf93318.jpg

DSC03028_zps757cf313.jpg

DSC03027_zps5d56671c.jpg

So excited!!! :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awwww, so cute and you just made my day! Thanks for sharing, wonder what the others will look like, if you'll get a solid orange one like Daisy :love5: I'll be checking in as they hatch!

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So all 17 have hatched and all but 1 are out of the egg completely! I still need to get some good pics. Guess what? Mika and Daisy BOTH laid eggs yesterday :eek: Mika's don't look fertile even though she was with a male, but Daisy laid another 28 fertile eggs! What happened to 2-6 weeks between clutches?? :s lol

I'll post some pics soon! The babies look amazing :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well isn't that something, guess she decided to ignore the 30 day waiting period. A friend of mine's laid 3 cluthches 21 days apart, guess Daily decided to just ignore that. Wow, 28 more babies in 2 months or so!

I'll be looking forward to seeing the new babies, any pure orange ones yet?

It's not unusual for a first pairing not to work, so guess Mica will have to wait for the next time. But you're going to have 46 babies, that should keep you busy!

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Daisy is so strange lol I wonder if we'll get a third clutch, we only got 2 the last time.
I'll post more baby pics when I get home, we're on our way to get 1000 crickets! See if they'll eat yet, I hope so!
I'll let you know in a bit!

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ah it has been so long!! Sorry I've been so busy with midterm exams and reptiles!

We dropped a fecal sample off at the vet last week for Belle just to make sure parasites didn't have to do with the "prolapse." The vet called today and the lab found some Blastocystis and Entamoeba and it isn't known if these cause disease but Entamoeba invadens is deadly and just in case the lab is wrong and it is E. invadens we are treating with an antibiotic for 5 days. The vet is mixing up the antibiotic now so we'll be picking it up soon and getting some more info. It's going to cost $25 +tax so not too bad!

I'll post pics when we get back!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So Belle is your tegu? Turned out to be a she, how great! Hope the medicine works, did the prolapse get worse? Glad you're getting it sorted, they can cause problems, alright. How are all the babies?

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey sorry again...

Yes Belle is our tegu, the vet probed her and is pretty sure she's a female, but says she has been wrong before lol She's all finished the meds now so we'll be taking another fecal test in soon to be sure the "parasites" are gone. No actually, Belle's prolapse is much much better, actually all the inflammation is gone and everything is back to normal. The vet just wanted to treat in case she had Entamoeba invadens and just to rule parasites out as a cause of the prolapse. I think Belle was just impacted because after staying off her substrate and then being flushed with fluids, she left us a massive present in her tank lol.

The babies are doing great! Such pigs but I love it! Sold 2 today to a couple that already has 2 babies from us (and they are doing really well btw :) ) so 15 left!

Here are some pics, finally....
5_zps551fa5da.jpg

3_zps7998c2d0.jpg

11_zps7e6f4ddc.jpg

14_zps8e86281e.jpg

9_zps8bcea5dd.jpg

7_zps91d6c9e1.jpg

16_zps28cfd4c0.jpg

17_zpscc3b3566.jpg

1_zpsf5d3f04b.jpg

13_zps3edc1557.jpg

10_zps8119508e.jpg

4_zpsa056f72c.jpg

2_zps62f7c700.jpg

6_zpse3a8ac99.jpg

12_zpsf5553f51.jpg

15_zps2461c1e5.jpg

8_zps18fdac62.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, they are all beautiful, some more colourful than others, but beautiful. Glad to hear they're all good eaters. And you'll have another 28 coming up due next month, right? Did Daily lay a 3rd clutch? Guess two were more than enough for her! Tell her she & Malick (you said he was the daddy, right?) make beautiful babies together!
Thanks so much for the pictures, they're all plump & happy and I just love baby faces :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom