Humidity level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkrugg9

Hi there. I have a question about the humidity level in my beardies tanks. In both tanks it’s pretty low, like 16%. In order to get this back up a little bit, is it ok to mist the walls of the tanks? And what are some other options for raising humidity levels to a safe level? They both have a small water dish, but it doesn’t seem to put a dent in the 75 gal tanks. Temps for reference are 90-92 hot side, 99-100 basking, and 80-83 cool side in both tanks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I ended up putting a small humidifier in between my two tanks- one of the tanks was down to 16% when I started the humidity it brought it up to over 20%- I only had to run it for a week - we were below zero and the air was really dry+ I tried water bowls and it didn't help enough

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about it. Especially since most hygrometers are extremely inaccurate. Even if you had a legitimate 16% humidity, I wouldn't worry at all about trying to raise it. Dragons will do just fine in that humidity level.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom