Humidity level

Dkrugg9

Hi there. I have a question about the humidity level in my beardies tanks. In both tanks it’s pretty low, like 16%. In order to get this back up a little bit, is it ok to mist the walls of the tanks? And what are some other options for raising humidity levels to a safe level? They both have a small water dish, but it doesn’t seem to put a dent in the 75 gal tanks. Temps for reference are 90-92 hot side, 99-100 basking, and 80-83 cool side in both tanks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 3
I ended up putting a small humidifier in between my two tanks- one of the tanks was down to 16% when I started the humidity it brought it up to over 20%- I only had to run it for a week - we were below zero and the air was really dry+ I tried water bowls and it didn't help enough

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about it. Especially since most hygrometers are extremely inaccurate. Even if you had a legitimate 16% humidity, I wouldn't worry at all about trying to raise it. Dragons will do just fine in that humidity level.

-Brandon

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

setting up a tank for a garter snake in a few months!!
Trying to finish setting up my beardie tank. Just gotta connect it to the power.
Okay lol so as I was told my baby was a boy when I rescued him hehe well I took him to my vet and was advised he is a she ! I was thinking of renaming her to Virgo from Toothless any suggestions for names 😊🥰
I am new and looking for a teen beardie. I have been doing a lot of research for about 2 years.
I'm new here but not new to dragons or snakes. Over the 7 years. I opened my heart and home to neglected. unwanted dras and snakes, some critical conditions. Then nursing them back to health and their final family home. I regularly help my reptiles vet with emergency appointments and I also provide the care in my little quenteen,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave_in_LA
Top Bottom