Humidity Level with Different Animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Hello,
So I'm planning on getting a Brazilian Red and White Tarantula soon. Its humidity levels need to be between 75-80 percent. I don't want to get a humidifier for my room because I have a bearded dragon who needs low humidity levels. Is there anyway I can raise the humidity in the tarantula's terrarium without raising my bearded dragon's humidity? Normally the humidity levels in my house are 50% so I'd only have to raise it by 25%.
Thanks!

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Misting and use of plants/damp substrate when appropriate for the species can usually do the trick. Some species prefer or tolerate less ventilation while others are sensitive to it but it may be an option to cover part of the ventilation to reduce humidity loss.

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mk,
The substrate I'll use for the T will be either, peat moss, dirt, or something like that. Would a water bowel help too?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Sora....will you be getting a good care sheet along with your new spider, and have you ever owned one before ? Here is a very good care sheet, and it contains some very important info, especially about molting + handling. It's really interesting, for instance if your spider doesn't molt properly it can lose a leg or two, but.....it will grow the legs back after a few molts. :) So it sounds like they're very hardy....but on the other hand, if dropped even from a very short distance [ even less than a foot ] they can die. So they have very specific requirements. Here's the care sheet, along with nice pics of spidey homes.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&ved=0ahUKEwjQ_arRndLKAhWC8z4KHaIpBUkQFgg3MAY&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thegeckotree.com%2Finvertcare.htm&usg=AFQjCNGHw48Mud5B09Sk6CJpZDs35y1FCA&sig2=gjr35oP5edlhrzHLqktSQA

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks!
No this will be the first spider I'm getting. I'm not really planning on "holding" it a lot. Yes I did find a good care sheet and have watched videos. I'm still thinking about getting it so it's not for sure yet. But thanks I'll check out that care sheet ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom