How To.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrl6130

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the help!!!! Idk what she coul have eaten :( her crickets are always smaller then the space btwn her eyes. Yeah the wood is wayyy to big and has no loose or broken off pieces. I'll hang outside with her for a while does 4 hours sound ok??? What does a normal beardie poop look like? Should I mix all her food in one? ( applesauce, Flukers Repta boost, squash baby food, olive oil and prune baby food?)

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
I don't see why not. For her condition, she needs a super laxative! :lol: Wow! 4 hours is plenty! 1 hour outside is equal to a whole day in her viv, so you can do less if you prefer.

It's very curious. O.O What is her substrate? I'm simply drawing straws here.

Jrl6130

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
IKR!!! She's so weird!! Today she was all normal climbing all over my shirt and ontop of pillows climbing. So would more natural UVB be more beneficial? She's on ceramic tile but it's not flat it has ridges and what not. It's almost like slate but not as irregular. Lol what laxative? Just prunes?? :)

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Well, prunes, oil, canned raw pumpkin, unsweetened applesauce, and all that ARE laxatives.. for beardies anyway XD

It certainly doesn't hurt. Just keep an eye on her so she doesn't overheat. (opening her mouth alot or very wide)

You might need a vet visit if none of this works soon. Not pooping for that long is CRAZY!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I would suggest mixing the Repti-boost and the olive oil with only one of the others. Start with the pumpkin, then try the prunes. I would also offer water orally several times a day with a dropper or syringe. Good luck!

Jrl6130

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks! :) so I was about to go outside with Ellie but I just noticed I live in Florida.... It's hot and humid outside right now. Should I still take her outside even with the humidity???

ashleyelsha

Juvie Member
I live in florida, I try to take my beardie out in the sun for about a half hour a day on my days off. On the days I work 12 hours so the sun is down when I go to work and when I get home on those days. My little guy always seems to poop after he has been outside. Usually I will soak him in a warm bath for about 5-10 minutes and then I take him outside for a while. Usually I put a limestone rock in a big rubbermade tub and let him sit in it in direct sunlight, while I sit in a chair in the shade and make sure no predators get to him. He usually poops on the rock.
hope this helps.
~Ashley

Jrl6130

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ELLIE POOPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY TO SEE POOP!!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob8: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: But the poop was hard. Both the white stuff and actual poop.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
YAAAAAAY! :D :D :D :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: Yay for poop! :D

SO glad it is out, and I'm sure she feels MUCH MUCH MUCH better! Hard poo usually means dehydration, but she should be good to go now with all those baths and oil. :D

But YAAAAAAY!! :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob8: :blob8:

Esther19

BD.org Addict
More than anyone else in the world, the members of this forum understand and share in your elation over poop!
Offer him oral hydration several time a day. 2 baths a day wouldn't hurt, either. We need to soften up his waste so that it is easier to pass. Congratulations! I know how relieved you are. :D

Jrl6130

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! :blob5: :blob8: :D :D :D :D Would you mind posting what a normal poop looks like lol i havent seen one in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom