HOW TO UVB LIGHT FIXTURE AND HOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is genius! Should save some money that can be used for cool stuff for our beardie. Hope to get this together this weekend. We just moved our girl into a 55 gallon, and was having a hard time finding a hood that wasnt outragous.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Yup I know what you mean. That is why I threw it together for everyone. Hope it works out well for you and any questions just ask. You will now be using all of the lights capabilities.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lance, you've outdone yourself once again! (even though I caught this thread a bit late lol.

-Brandon

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks Brandon, I try to keep it fresh so people can catch it in time. :wink:

Hey shorti I am glad it worked out for you. :D

NFM07

Hatchling Member
Thank you for posting this I was very confused on how to do just this but I no longer am! Thanks!

Screamin99

Juvie Member
Is that a ReptiSun 10.0 Tube? If so I thought you needed to have some space where the dragon wasn't exposed to UVB/UVA the entire time?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Yes it is the reptisun and she can only come within 6 inches of the UVB. They should be exposed to the UVB at all times. The only time she is away from and does not get any is when she goes down for brumation. When she goes down I turn everything off because she goes under a blankie and does not come out for 6 months.

Screamin99

Juvie Member
Im talking about during the time shes up not in burmation.. I have always read that the UVB shouldn't span the entire length of the tank so that they can escape the ray's so to speak.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
That is why I have a cave in their for her just in case she wants to. But no they should receive as much as possible. I have done that for 10+ years and never had any problems.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank you for unlocking it. :D

So I have been getting a lot of questions on how this holds up. Well I can tell you since I made the post the tape and box are still holding up.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
This is great! I'm putting together my list for all the stuff I'm going to need for when my baby beardie arrives next Wed - I'm going shopping for everything this weekend.

I was nearly choking at the cost of fixtures/hoods - if I could even find them large enough - until I found this thread. I am definitely going this route.

THANK YOU!!! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom