How to prepare scrambled eggs for a beardie?

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I only did it once. NO seasonings, one egg and put it in the pan, scramble it lightly. Let it cool then feed it to him/her. I would say mine was a hit. This was over a year ago now. I haven't tried it since. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTB5FQSUa1n6nAZ1fTM5Z_Q
Is this a good amount?
1694904764600.jpeg

I didn’t use milk, butter, oil, or seasonings. Just plain egg. This is about half of one full egg, I’m also wondering how often can I feed him this? It’s now one of his favourite foods!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I have fed my beardies scrambled eggs once in a while, I microwaved it and just used a few pieces since they are fatty compared to what a beardie is used to. Maybe use a little less than what you have there, not quite a quarter of an egg.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I have fed my beardies scrambled eggs once in a while, I microwaved it and just used a few pieces since they are fatty compared to what a beardie is used to. Maybe use a little less than what you have there, not quite a quarter of an egg.
He didn’t end up eating all of it, about 1/2 to 2/3 of it. He has a quick metabolism so I doubt it will cause any issues ;)

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I give my bearded dragon boiled I have never tried scrambled. And I only give her an egg like once every like few months since I don't make them often And I don't put anything in the boiled eggs normally when i make them for myself i put them in baking soda but i just boil them in water. Maybe one day I'll try scrambled eggs! :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I came across a trick for boiled eggs a little bit back that makes them much easier to peel. Lightly tap the egg with the back of a spoon (i had better luck with quick taps) you'll hear an audible pop from the egg 🥚 thats the membrane releasing from the shell. Boil as usual and enjoy easy to peel eggs. Do be careful not to crack the egg while tapping, it makes a mess in the water 😆

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I came across a trick for boiled eggs a little bit back that makes them much easier to peel. Lightly tap the egg with the back of a spoon (i had better luck with quick taps) you'll hear an audible pop from the egg 🥚 thats the membrane releasing from the shell. Boil as usual and enjoy easy to peel eggs. Do be careful not to crack the egg while tapping, it makes a mess in the water 😆
That’s… actually a really good idea! I’ll try that,

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I have seen someone give raw eggs...I think that's more for tegus. I wouldn't try that for my beardies...what do you think?
Hm… wild beardies sometimes eat their own eggs raw, I’d assume they snack on some other type of egg as well. I wouldn’t try it unless there is professional research on the topic, the hard shells might cause digestive issues.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom