How to keep greens fresh longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenRose

I was just wondering if anyone had advice for keeping greens fresh longer. I don't have anywhere near me that sells greens in smaller bags or smaller bundles. It feels like I am throwing away half a bag of greens every week and I feel awful about it, I don't like wasting food. I have no issue with any of the other fruits and vegetables I feed him, because we eat whatever I don't end up using, but no one likes the taste of the greens lol

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There is no real good way to get the greens to last longer than a week. I can sometimes get a week and a half to 2 weeks out of them.

Sometimes the stores have "throw away" greens that either don't look presentable, or got messed up in shipping etc. You can ask the store if they have anything like this that they would be willing to give/sell to you.

Either that, or start blending up the greens into fruit smoothies. The fruit usually masks the taste of the greens pretty well.

-Brandon

GenRose

Original Poster
Next time I am at the store I'll have to ask about that, could save twice the amount of waste that way! lol
I'll have to look into some recipes too, we have an old blender no one uses somewhere in the kitchen. Could make for a nice snack or quick breakfast!

Thanks for the tips Brandon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom