How to hang Zoomed Mini Deep Dome fixture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranchero

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you! I just dont understand why on earth they would make them like that!

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Ok so I have a wooden cage. I just thought of that. So this is how I hung mine in my cage.

So I found out that it really only works if it hangs on the last little notch thing.

I then had to use a clamp to hold it up so it will shine evenly across the cage. I really didnt like that fixture but it happens to be what I have on hand

Ranchero

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We havent built the wooden enclosure yet so its sitting on the screen mesh of a glass tank. The lamps keep burning out after a month and I think alot of it is the vibration from the lid being moved back and forth. I was going to use a wall flower pot holder and hang it slightly above the screen. Same isea I had for hanging my metal halide over my saltwater tank lol
As soon as you hold that silver hanging thing the lamp swivels almost right side up!! Im wondering what kind of clamp i can use to clamp onto the hanger and that metal thing to prevent it from swiveling upward.

just a thought since i dont have one...but looking at the picture it looks like counter balence is needed...a small hole drilled near the lip of the side that swivles up with a thin nut and bolt put threw with a few medium sized washers as counter weights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom