How tall is tall for DIY enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
so i see alot of the melamine enclosures typically 2 ft tall... my question, do i need to go 24" or could i go less than that? maybe do 4'x2'x12",16",18"? any ideas/specs would be appreciated

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Ive seen ppl do the 18" tall... Id imagine if you put a screen on part of the top and put the basking light on the outside of the viv, you could probably go shorter?? You wouldnt want to put the light on the inside with it so short that your beardie could touch the light tho

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yea i was thinking about making a screen top... and going shorter, so inevitibly i wouldnt have to make a platform as a basking spot.. but use the floor (tile) as its basking spot, and then the uvb in a reflector fixture would b good to go as well so there is no need to make an elevated area

TJeno

danny662boy":1avy6i6u said:
so i see alot of the melamine enclosures typically 2 ft tall... my question, do i need to go 24" or could i go less than that? maybe do 4'x2'x12",16",18"? any ideas/specs would be appreciated

I'm currently in the process of a build..I'm going 36" x 18" x 18".

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i came across a tank on all glass cages.com i think it was for 48x24x12 which i think would be ideal... and i think it was $122.. but not sure on shipping... do big name stores sell tanks this size? or would more mom and pop pet stores be able to get somethign that size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom