How much should she be eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Okay, so I have a young beardie about 4 months old I'm guessing. I got her two months ago and she's a little sweetheart. I give her a salad in the morning and about 15 crickets in the evening, sometimes I give her a couple meal worms as a treat. I know thats what I was suposed to be feeding her two months ago, but she's grown. She's about 8 inches long now and I don't know how much I should increase her feeding or how often. Can someone please help me?

P8230001.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, she sounds quite small for about 4 months old. Is the 8" from the tip of her nose to the tip of her tail? A beardie the age of yours should be getting crickets 2 to 3 times a day and all she wants to eat in about a 10 to 15 min time frame. Only 15 crickets a day is not nearly enough. She needs LOTS of protein to help her grow. Mealworms are not recommended due to hardly any nutritional value and they are an impaction risk due to their chitin shell.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes, that measurment is from the tip of her tail to the tip of her snout. I'm not positive thats how old she is, but the pet store told me she was two months old when I got her and I've had her for two months now. So that's an estimate. I will fix her feeding schedual ASAP, thank you for letting me know what I was doing wrong. I only give her mealweorms like once a month as a treat, she loves them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom