How many dubia feeders...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hartungs

Hatchling Member
Okay...so I realize that this may be a subjective discussion, but I am wondering how many dubia feeders you all are feeding to your dragons? I am currently rebuilding my colony and am planning for the future. I am fully aware of the "old standby" of what they will eat in 15 minutes. I am just curious on actual numbers.

With that said...

For those of you who have "baby" dragons, how many dubia nymphs (babies) are you feeding per feeding session (or per day)?
For those of you who have "juvenile" dragons, how many dubia nymphs (1/4" to 1/2") are you feeding per feeding session (or per day)?
For those of you who have "teen" dragons, how many dubia nymphs (1/2" to 1") are you feeding per feeding session (or per day)?
For those of you who have "adult" dragons, how many adult dubia or large nymphs (1" and above) are you feeding per feeding session (or per day)?

Hopefully we can have some good discussions on feeding and amounts... :blob5:

Paksta

i wish i could contribute, but ive had my colony a week, and ive only seen maybe 3 small enough to feed my juvie! hopefuly though they will start laying soon =)

briankm

My 14" beardie can eat about 3-5 adult dubias a day. Along with salad and supers

My smaller beardie probably about 10" eat about 60 baby dubias and about 4-6 medium sized dubias with a little bit of salad

Theroachguy

Juvie Member
All of our adults will eat 3-5 large dubia or adult males at a time we feed our adults live feeders 3 times a week and then 4 times the next week.
We tend to feed dubia, supers, then dubia the first week and the dubia, supers, dubia, supers the following week. Seems to work for us.

ok so Colasis will be a year old next month and he eats his vegis every morning and about 1 to 3 ( 1 inch )roaches a day depending on the size of them, though he does go more for the freshly molted ones :banghead: of couse

wes

Juvie Member
Our 15" beardie daily eats approximately 15 nymphs 3/4 to 1 inch long. We have given him the occasional adult male and reduced the number of nymphs by two or three.

We were feeding him in a separate bin, but yesterday we started placing the roaches in a dog bowl in his vivarium and he isn't eating as many of them.

Sea2SJK

My 8" beardie eats about 10 1/2 inch nymphs along with salad a day.
And he better starts eating more cuz my colony is outgrowing too fast.

AaronPauling

Hatchling Member
If your colony is growing too fast there are 2 very good options to control growth....my first and favourite option MORE BEARDEDS, or a savannah, blackthroat, or other large monitor :wink: , or lower the temp on the roaches to about 82 and that should slow down growth and production a bit.

Sea2SJK":71d9a said:
My 8" beardie eats about 10 1/2 inch nymphs along with salad a day.
And he better starts eating more cuz my colony is outgrowing too fast.

SkitTer

hartungs":45663 said:
For those of you who have "baby" dragons, how many dubia nymphs (babies) are you feeding per feeding session (or per day)?
For those of you who have "juvenile" dragons, how many dubia nymphs (1/4" to 1/2") are you feeding per feeding session (or per day)?
For those of you who have "teen" dragons, how many dubia nymphs (1/2" to 1") are you feeding per feeding session (or per day)?
For those of you who have "adult" dragons, how many adult dubia or large nymphs (1" and above) are you feeding per feeding session (or per day)?

My dragons:
Hatchlings (<7") eat about 15-25 (<1/4") nymphs twice a day.
Juveniles (8-12") eat around 25 (<1/2") nymphs twice a day.
Sub-Adults (12-18") eat 10 (1") nymphs twice a day.
Adults (>18") eat 3-5 (2") adult males a day.

They also recieve supers and salad everyday, so they could eat a lot more dubias if I let them. Also, the amount of "gut-load" provided to the roaches, will affect how many they eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom