How did you name your baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've met so many people on this site with unique names for their beardies and I thought it'd be fun to share stories of where their names came from.

I got Yoshi as a birthday present from my good friend Mario. I was going to name him Blaze or Maverick but one night my cousin said, "Since Mario is getting him for you, his name should be Yoshi." And so it was decided. :D

MoyasuRyu

I named my beardie Embry, Embers for short because his coloring and designs on his back look like smoldering embers. I call him

hana93

NoodleKaBoodle":3jwj09qm said:
I just thought Medusa would be a cute name for a bearded dragon, haha. Maybe it would be a more appropriate name for a snake, but it's stuck now. Plus beardies are way cuter than snakes. The younger one is named Loki, and boy does he act as such. He is a runner. He got outside twice, and he's so small we almost lost him!
:D

I was going to name my beardie Medusa!! But for some reason Sebastian stuck :p

xZippyx

Mines called "Roxy" - I asked my 2.5 year old what shall we call her.....there was a long pause so i quickly said "how's Roxy sound?" if she had her way everything would be called 'charlie!!!! it seems to be the name she wants to name every animal,teddy....

My daughters first introduction of Roxy was when her mum went to the pet shop and the owner had her out, Roxy decided to take a leap of faith and landed on my little girls face!!! she WAS not a happy child!!!

So as a wicked dad and having always wanted one i went and got her, to say my little one was happy with this would be a total lie....But once we got Roxy home she was so excited and now she absolutely loves holding and stroking her.

pyrovamp

Hatchling Member
well how Bowen got his name is kind of geeky but oh well. a buddy of mine and i role play and make stories as we do it cause we do it on the computer and in one i was a dragon tamer and my dragon was named Bowen which i that just thought of cause i was reading Eragon at the time and thats what i came up with. and when i told my friend i was gettin one he said if its a boy you should name it Bowen and i looked at others but Bowen just sounded right for my little guy. though hes a bugger im happy cause now we have nightly snuggles and he sleeps on my chest and finds ways some times to get under my shirts sleeves >.< :blob5:

Cinder9

Juvie Member
Well since im in the fire service i wanted something that related to fire. i fumbled around with inferno, phoenix, blaze and a few others. Then it was suggested i name him after a favorite movie/game character and i came up with Cinder (from the game killer instinct), needless to say, i loooooved it 8)

Pottsy929

We named Loki after the Norse god known for being mischievous and a trickster. I know several people who use the names of Greek gods for pet naming, and I've always liked the viking/norse mythology so I went with that.

Nuka042

Hatchling Member
I got the name Roku from the TV/Book series Avatar: the Last Airbender. Roku was the previous Avatar and was born in the Fire Nation. It was one of my favorites series so we decided to give him a fire nation name (bearded dragons....dragons...fire breathing). I think my next beardie will be named Bowser (from Mario Bros)/Link (from Zelda) if a boy or Samus (from Metroid)/Navi (from Zelda) if a girl.

Nuka042":30gfu0om said:
I got the name Roku from the TV/Book series Avatar: the Last Airbender. Roku was the previous Avatar and was born in the Fire Nation. It was one of my favorites series so we decided to give him a fire nation name (bearded dragons....dragons...fire breathing). I think my next beardie will be named Bowser (from Mario Bros)/Link (from Zelda) if a boy or Samus (from Metroid)/Navi (from Zelda) if a girl.

Haha it's always nice naming your beardie after a famous character ^^ Carefull of the name Navi though cause before you know it your beardie will ask you to: "HEY LISTEN" all day long x)

I named my two beardies James and Julius, cause i like the sound of real gentlemen names for beardies haha ^^

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Nuka042":3h7duspw said:

lol my beardies name is Samus. Samus has the name Samus because for days on end I had no clue what to name her. I pondered around Sam and Samantha but I didn't really feel like naming her that and my friend suggested I name her Samus. And so she was then called Samus.
Milo has his name because I just thought it'd be a cute name for a beardie, I just liked the name :)

Pottsy929

Sashee":3oqbxlp7 said:
Isn't that Thor's brother? LOL

depends on where the mythology is coming from. in the comic series Loki is Thor's brother/rival. In mythology Loki really isn't a god but a giant who "befriends" and aids the gods(although he tends to cause problems for them in doing so.) In some of the stories Loki is actually referred to as Odhin's brother, which would make him closer to Thor's uncle. But really he's just a giant that weasled his way amongst the gods lol :D

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
I am from Miami (live in CA now) and my nieces and nephew play baseball. Of course, they're huge Florida Marlins fans (that's the South Florida baseball team for those who don't know). One of the most famous Marlins was Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez (who now plays for another team). The kids loved Pudge, so they named my Pudgy after him. :)

Delshara

Hatchling Member
Nero, because he is a very spoiled little emperor with a very dark black beard.

Virgil, because when we initially rescued him he could not sit still in his viv (still can't) and was always standing up on his back legs on his log, trying to get out. He has escaped from his viv a few times. So we named him Virgil, as in Virgil Hatfield from the movie The Great Escape.

Zephyr, because a zephyr is a mischievous west wind, and he moves really fast in his viv. My husband named him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom