How come it seems like some questions get no attending to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
I have like 3 or 4 post that have either gotten no responses or just completely lost all popularity even after updated with further information. I see other people who have theirs answered immediately or within a day or 2 or so. Is it just me and my questions not that interesting or is it that this site is just getting slow...? Is anyone else noticing this or having this problem..I just feel lonely..or ignored sometimes... :cry:

Molson

I looked at your post history saw you make a post about slurry, which was a wall of text that looked really rambley and hard to want to read. You then posted the same thing a day later. I'm not saying this is the only reason, but it certainly doesn't help.

If you want more people to bother reading your threads, they can't be poorly formatted and a pain to read.

BEARDIESandCOFFEE

Hatchling Member
Molson":3jltf9m9 said:
I looked at your post history saw you make a post about slurry, which was a wall of text that looked really rambley and hard to want to read. You then posted the same thing a day later. I'm not saying this is the only reason, but it certainly doesn't help.

If you want more people to bother reading your threads, they can't be poorly formatted and a pain to read.

Agreed …. sorry bud… try doing what he said

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,
I am sorry your posts are being missed.
Are you posting in the correct areas for the topic?

Tracie

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
Meh, I've posted here on a number of occasions regarding health questions and mine get passed on too. I figure either the answer was already given somewhere or people don't know what to say so they go to the threads where they can give easy responses.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
some posts might be passed by if people reading them feel that they have already been answered.
i don't know about others here, but i get a little tired of typing the same info over and over.

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Alright thank you all so much! i completely understand your reasons and will keep my post short and simple. Hopefully in the future i will receive answers to my important questions! :mrgreen:

chazzers

bunnyrut":1si4tt2n said:
some posts might be passed by if people reading them feel that they have already been answered.
i don't know about others here, but i get a little tired of typing the same info over and over.

Sometimes I get a little tired of reading the same things in thread titles and would like a response. Reading a bunch of posts in dozens of threads titled exactly the same gets a bit cumbersome. If you have such an issue typing the same thing over and over just search your post history and use the copy and paste feature if your fingers are getting sore. This is about helping pets and their owners be able to properly care for them. Sometimes a straight forward immediate response is whats needed to either put the owners mind at ease or to properly care for the animal. Just saying your post seems kind of heartless.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I tend to try to answer every question I see.

The only time I will not answer, is if there is a giant wall of text. It makes it way too overwhelming to even attempt to read. Even using some paragraphs and normal punctuation would make it a bit easier to read.

I'm not directing this at you, but in general.

-Brandon

chazzers

claudiusx":2o7enxav said:
I tend to try to answer every question I see.

The only time I will not answer, is if there is a giant wall of text. It makes it way too overwhelming to even attempt to read. Even using some paragraphs and normal punctuation would make it a bit easier to read.

I'm not directing this at you, but in general.

-Brandon

Yes, that's understandable but remember too that there are some people on here that may not have the same level of literacy etc. I'm sure that a lot of owners are also children.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I do understand that. It doesn't make it any easier to read though. Important questions usually tend to get answered eventually, it's just a waiting game for whoever is the first patient person to come along and read it.

-Brandon

Brandon, you have always been helpful and answer every post I read. I think that is awesome!

I do know that I am still learning, and I literally read just about Every new post every day LOL! But, because i am new.. I don't answer unless I know from what i have read on here.. Is to be true!

Most everything that we could ask, Has been asked. So if you dont get a reply, Check the previous posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom