How bad is keeping a beard in a 40 gallon tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was originally planning to get a 67 gallon and now it seems I may not be able to. :( I wanted to know if its really bad to consider a 40 gallon? If so, what's more important for beardies: the height or width of a tank?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is this a 40g breeder? So dimensions are 36x18x18?

For years that was the standard size. Until 4x2x2s became popular. IMO 40g breeders are acceptable for adult dragons.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I believe so. I've kept adults in 40g breeders for years and years and never had issue with my dragons being happy.
It's only been recently where I've gotten more space for my dragons that I started building some of them 4x2x2s.

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Impawsiblesquad":275j3a9x said:
Yes, the dimensions would be those. So my beardie could live a good life in one?

Many of us start out with 40BRs... it's great to be able to upgrade and give your dragon more space, but yes, a dragon can live a happy life in a 40BR, especially if you're good about giving him or her daily walkabout time for a good stretch. As ClaudiusX said, for years, 40 was the standard size. Going bigger is really one of those "it would be great if you COULD" things, but I do believe you can provide enrichment and quality care in with a 40 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom