housing bulk crickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightheart

You sounded a little discouraged maybe about the light and temp... don't be, it really is easy to keep the crickets and it is sooooo much cheaper buying them in bulk. I don't have a light on mine yet and they are doing fine, just checked the temps in the cricket bins, 72 for the 1/2 inch ones and 73 for the 3/4 ones. The only reason I want to put a light on the one bin is to get them to grow faster, if you are buying just the right size crickets for your dragon then you should have no problem keeping them alive, they need the higher temps to grow I think.

To save a little money on food cost for the crickets you could keep the majority of them fed with the bare minimum vegetable scraps and a water source, you could then pull out just enough to really gutload for actual feeding. I do beleive in the therory that you are what you eat so to me it's better to keep the crickets well fed all the time. When I sit and think about it the pet stores around here are keeping their crickets alive with just a potato and carrot so the crickets I would buy local by the dozen are not really well fed until they are gut loaded.

paperplanes

Juvie Member
Original Poster
what does gutloaded mean? like power feed?

i was planning on just throwing a slice of bread in or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nekov
Top Bottom