Honey for healing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere on here to put honey on sores as a healing option...
Not sure of the dosing... and do you think it could work on these? Waiting for a call from the vet for stool test results but I feel restless sitting doing nothing.. He eats protein great.. and peppers... seems to act normal... just has these sores.. and now the eye issue

dylanravenj

Sub-Adult Member
Oh my god that poor baby! Did you get any type of skin scraping done on one of the sores? It looks like it could be possibly some sort of severe fungal infection :( What did the vet have to say about them?
Manuka honey can be used as a way to soothe burns, scrapes, wounds, etc. I use it for my male who has yellow fungus when the dead scales slough off. One of the moderators has a site called bug-de-lite.com where you can buy some :) You can also find it in most health food stores

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Christine ! I'm sorry about your poor beardie's situation.....but it's good that he's eating. What does your vet think of those growths ? It doesn't look like typical Yellow fungus, but maybe some other type ? As for honey, yes, I've used it on my own beardies, and there are plenty of reliable write ups about it's use on human and animals for everything from burns to MRSA [ those sores that don't heal with regular antibiotics]. It's even used at a clinic in Germany for children with wounds that don't heal from cancer. If you Google " raw honey as medicine " you'll find loads of clinical studies. The honey must be unpasteurized though....like from a health food store or a beekeeper. And it can be put directly in the eye [ I did on my own dragon for an infection that healed in 2 days ] so it's totally safe. It may not heal all those lesions, but it may help and it's not expensive at all. Just put it directly on the spots....you can thin it out with a bit of warm water if it seems too thick. If you use it, be sure there are no loose crickets in the tank that would be attracted to the honey. Hope you can get some answers + some help for your beardie ! I see Dylan was typing an answer at the same time as me....I hope your dragon continues to improve as well !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom