Hilarious Things that Non-Herp People Say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellstrom

Hatchling Member
I thought it would be awesome for us to share some stories or questions that non-herp people have said to us! I was telling a friend about my Beardie once and he asked me to tell him the name again... "Bearded dragon" Him: "What? It has like...hair? Like a beard???" :lol: I tried so hard not to laugh at him! Silly silly, a lizard with hair....

People make me giggle!!! :lol:

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
"Dragon? can it breathe fire?"
" Can you touch it? will it kill you?"

I love some of the things people ask

jamesraby

I told someone I worked with about a frilled dragon i got and they asked me if those were the ones that spit that black stuff. Like on Jurassic Park. I just told them yes, i said that when you open his cage you had to where safety glasses. LOL. I later told him that It was a joke. But it sure is amazing how only "weird" people own herps.

libinoz

I work at a backpacker hostel and one of my backpackers asked what animals I had (I also have dogs, chickens, ducks, birds) and I said I had a bearded dragon called Komodo. She must have missheard me as her eyes went as big as saucers and she said "You have a Komodo dragon!" I laughed and said "No, I have a bearded dragon called Komodo" we then both laughed. Some of the backpackers reactions are quite funny when I say I have a dragon as a pet.

i got yelled at the other day while at walmart because i was picking leaves off of the collard greens and mustard greens..people just dont understand..lol i do it because if i got a WHOLE thing of collard and mustard greens they would go bad..especially mustards, only a couple of days and they go bad!

:)

dragonxxxx

Hatchling Member
i was buying one bunch of collard greens and a lady asked me what are you doing with just one bunch of collard greens? (i guess one bunch of collard greens doesn't go so far after cooking them , people must buy dozens at a time) so i told her i was feeding a dragon, she looked at me as if wings popped out of my back, and horns ripped out of my head, and my eyes turned red and my teeth became razor sharp and the lower half of my body turned into a horse and suddingly i was 11 feet tall and smelled really bad, so i said "a lizard" and she said "oh" smiled and walked away.

Hellstrom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Lol, these stories are cracking me up...

At one of our grocery stores you buy collard and mustard greens by the individual leaf, so I only get enough to use before they go bad...The cashiers make me smile when they are like "And your total is...54 cents..." and then turn their heads :? . Especially when the person ahead of me just spent 300 or so dollars on groceries...

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
I love that too. The girl at our store takes the leaves out of the bag at the register to weigh them and ring them up. she is always fascinated when the total is only $0.07. I love that we can get dragon food for less than a dime. The girl always asks how our dragons are doing and the people behind us always start backing up and looking funny like we have a disease.

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
god i wish my stores did stuff like that i have to buy the entire bushel.

one of the funnest reactions is

"Omg I thought that was a broach"

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
My neighbor screamed at the sight my 4 inch hatchling, more than once. Then she started hiding behind her boyfriend and kept yelling get it away get it away.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
articwolfgirl":1lz66omd said:
god i wish my stores did stuff like that i have to buy the entire bushel.
same here - i have to buy a bunch of each type - and i never even come close to using it all before it goes bad. luckily, the whole bunch is only $1.69 each, so it's not really the end of the world.

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
good thing mines only .99 to bad it seems all calicum based greens go bad in like 4 days >> gets annoying :angry5:

Ive also had a person hide there dog from my 9 inch beardie he was siting on my sholder as i walked by she freaked and hid her dog as if he was a velcoraptor and about to try to eat him. Really? Can people really be that stupid? I mean hes not even posioness.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
the lady at the post office sits my worms on the counter and backs away. I am not sure is she is more affraid of the worms that are in containers in a box or of a 12 inch baby dragon on my shirt on the other side of the counter from her. Either way it is halarious to watch her. That is half the reason I have them hold my order at the post office when it is shipped. lol :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom