Hiccups following Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexGibson

Hey everyone, new to the site and I have a question regarding one of my beardies.

Whenever I give Jabba a bath he begins to hiccup after a few minutes of soaking. Hiccups are the best way to describe it, opening his mouth, extending his beard and *hiccuping*. He gets better after about 5-10 minutes of being back in his unit and I've brought him to several vets over the year and a half I've had him with no signs of Respiratory Infection being found. Has anyone had this with their own beardies or have ideas on the causation?

Facts;
Living Quarters: Large 4.5ftx2.5ft terrarium, UVB/UVA 160w bulb, 105-115 celsius in the basking area, 90-95c in the shaded portion. Linoleum tile flooring for ease of cleaning. No water bowl kept in the unit, humidity levels are 13% at highest.

Food: Kail, watercress, collard greens, then the rare fruits for desert (grapes, blackberries, banana, etc.). Kingworms twice a week dusted with appropriate calcium powders.

Beardie Information: German Giant, Age unknown (rescue - possibly 5+ definitely adult), fairly active and mobile, does have MBD from previous captivity and came to me carrying pin worms (have been treated). Bathed once a week on wednesdays with his girlfriend Lilo.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've seen them "burp" in a manner you're describing after eating a lot or drinking. It didn't seem to be a problem at all but I can't say for sure it's the same thing you're seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom