Hi My name is Ashley :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladysolitary85

Original Poster
She still has this "whats going on" look but I know she'll like it.

This is a great example for those who are still pondering with keeping sand.... seriously just looking at the before and after pics, you can tell
which environment looks more sanitary, comfortable and better for her well being.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Aww, what a cutie! Her new viv looks great!

BTW, about diet, I just wanted to add... Adults should be eating mostly veggies, and they only need 30-50 live feeders a week (If you use crickets, give her 50. If you use a fattier feeder like superworms, keep it around 30-35.) If you give them all they can eat, they will get really fat really quickly LOL.

ladysolitary85

Original Poster
She eats about 10ish crickets a day, thinking about switching it up a little and see if she likes worms too. I've got calsium and vietamin dust for the live feeds, so hopefully she'll show some improvement.

And, after a rough week of waiting, gathering money, remodeling her tank.... this.. is where she chooses to sleep... :shock:

puffsleep.jpg

:banghead: lol!

Nice beardie and sounds like you are doing a lot of improvements for her too :D . I am a newbie owner too, so I have been scouring this site and a few others for any and all info too so that we are taking care of ours the way they should be too.
If you go to the home page of this site, at the top of the page there is a link to a care sheet at the top which also has links to other sites with care sheets too that will explain stuff a lot better as far as heating set-up, feeding, etc. We're enjoying the heck out of ours and found out real quick that we had to return just about everything that the pet store suggested too, lol.

ladysolitary85

Original Poster
Littlehawkf":2ketyhxu said:
Nice beardie and sounds like you are doing a lot of improvements for her too :D . I am a newbie owner too, so I have been scouring this site and a few others for any and all info too so that we are taking care of ours the way they should be too.
If you go to the home page of this site, at the top of the page there is a link to a care sheet at the top which also has links to other sites with care sheets too that will explain stuff a lot better as far as heating set-up, feeding, etc. We're enjoying the heck out of ours and found out real quick that we had to return just about everything that the pet store suggested too, lol.

Ugh, stupid pet stores, why are they still recommending sand? I couldn't work at a petstore I'd prolly piss the manager off lol

The one thing that I'm trying to focus on now is bonding with her. Shes still skittish around me :cry:

ladysolitary85

Original Poster
Omg you guys my fiance finally caught her doing this while I was at work... grr, I miss everything lol

Puffsmile2.jpg

Crickets for smile? ugh... fine... satisfied now slave?

Puffsmile1.jpg

Whatttttttt? I'm trying to smile! what more do you want from meeee?

:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

jaidonx13

Hatchling Member
ladysolitary85":2i0yqmpr said:
Omg you guys my fiance finally caught her doing this while I was at work... grr, I miss everything lol

Puffsmile2.jpg

Crickets for smile? ugh... fine... satisfied now slave?

Puffsmile1.jpg

Whatttttttt? I'm trying to smile! what more do you want from meeee?

:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Aww how nice! She looks so happy, she's like it's hot in here haahaa

ladysolitary85

Original Poster
yea she does! we're trying to keep it warm for her, just switched to zoomed 100 watts today. We took her out for a walk, a drive to petsmart (everyone wanted to touch her lol) her beard went from really dark, checkered to bright orange.

And then, when I'm not around.... and I'm at work... AGAIN she does something cool.

My fiance has reported to me that shes been very active today. Running in her tank, climbing, scratching on the glass. The minute he tries to capture her on his phone she stops. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ahhhhh!

Well, at least I know she was happy to have an adventure with us today :D

She also got to meet the cats up close.

Moo (female), my serious/independent personality cat was a little creeped out by Puff. She came up to her and Puff did nothing but try to taste her nose. Freaked Moo out, she left her alone lol

Drake (male), my special, sissy lala, child-like cat on the other hand was fascinated and kept trying to paw Puff's tail. Puff didn't flare up but she wasn't sticking around either.

So Puff seems to like Moo more than Drake lol

She also licked my fiance's cheek while she was on his shoulder :D

jirish617

Hatchling Member
Hi congrats on the new beardie! I cant yet say im an owner but i'm in the process for preparing to be one, and let me say all your post has made me even more excited to finally get mine!

ladysolitary85

Original Poster
jirish617":3vo3wwcy said:
Hi congrats on the new beardie! I cant yet say im an owner but i'm in the process for preparing to be one, and let me say all your post has made me even more excited to finally get mine!

Aww! thanks that made me smile :D I hope maybe these before/after pics will help new beardie owners make right decisions. I've noticed Puff's behavior has dramatically improved though I'm still working on getting to know her (my work seems to think I have no life so doing swing shifts for the week. Very irritating!Anyways) She has a better appetite, still stubborn on her greens kinda, but that's normal I hear for beardies. The only complaint I have is her heard still looking as if shes trying to shed but nothings happening :( The rest of her is showing color though!
She LOVES her hammick!

puffsleep2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom