Hi from Texas...New to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi...my name is Kat and I am new to the forum and to beardies, but not to reptiles. I have many ball pythons, rainbow boas, corn snakes, and leopard geckos. I got my daughter a male juvenile citrus leatherback beardie for Christmas, and she really likes him, but I just fell in love with him!!! I hate to say it but I believe he is quickly becoming Mommy's dragon. His name is Buliwyf ( pronounced Bull-Vi...long I ), but we call him Bull for short. Monday, I found a female sub-adult that I really like the look of and had to have her. She came in today and is absolutely gorgeous!! Her name is Saphira. I will be posting pictures of them both very soon. Bull is in shed and I'm gonna wait till he is done. They are each in their own glass tank at the moment, but my husband and I are starting on custom 4 foot enclosures for them tomorrow. I will post pics of them in their new homes when they are done. Shouldn't take too long, but I plan on building custom basking platforms and a rock background, etc, so may take a week or so. Anyway, wanted to say hi and introduce myself.....pics to come soon!!

Kat

ladyjustice33

Original Poster
Jacob12Sarah8":1qxg2mmy said:
Hi Kat, I too am new to beardie and live in Texas! So, welcome! Hope to chat on this forum some time :D

Candace

Sounds good and nice to meet you!!!

Kat

thanybeauty1

Hatchling Member
Hi Welcome to the forum! I am not new to beardies but I'm new to leopard geckos lol. This forum has helped me become an educated beardie owner and now also an educated gecko owner. I love my beardies and am quickly falling in love with our new leopard geckos. I also have a ball python lol. Anyway you've come to the right place!

ladyjustice33

Original Poster
thanybeauty1":1lo5awfq said:
Hi Welcome to the forum! I am not new to beardies but I'm new to leopard geckos lol. This forum has helped me become an educated beardie owner and now also an educated gecko owner. I love my beardies and am quickly falling in love with our new leopard geckos. I also have a ball python lol. Anyway you've come to the right place!

Nice to meet you! I also raise leopard geckos (leos) and ball pythons. I should have some gorgeous tangerine Leo babies this year and some cinny bp's. I don't plan to breed my dragons though. They have way to many babies!

elmore91011

Hatchling Member
Hello! Im new to here and beardies as well. Its a awesome experience huh? Im in Kansas but from Texas. Nice to meet you =)

ladyjustice33

Original Poster
elmore91011":30pru865 said:
Hello! Im new to here and beardies as well. Its a awesome experience huh? Im in Kansas but from Texas. Nice to meet you =)

It's a great experience! I don't know how I lived without them!

ladyjustice33

Original Poster
Thanks guys! My sweeties pics are posted under photo expressions.....the "Introducing Buliwyf and Saphira" thread. I need to take some more soon!

ladyjustice33

Original Poster
Yes they are! I love how both my sweeties have such different personalities. Buliwyf is always in a hurry. One minute he is chilling on his basking platform and the next he has sprinted across the cage to eat or poop or just because. Then he sprints back...lol, he never walks. He is also a wiggle worm when I get him out and will only sit still if I am walking him around talking to him or letting him look out my glass
door. He gets antsy in the bath too. Now Saphira is The exact opposite. She is laid back and never in a hurry. She would rather I bring her food to her rather than walk, much less sprint, across her enclosure...lol. She also will sit with me for a while and seems to enjoy her baths. Bull has more "personality" out of the two....but my
Saphira is my sweet little cuddle bug!

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Buliwyf is always in a hurry. One minute he is chilling on his basking platform and the next he has sprinted across the cage to eat or poop or just because. Then he sprints back...lol, he never walks. He is also a wiggle worm when I get him out and will only sit still if I am walking him around talking to him or letting him look out my glass
door. He gets antsy in the bath too
That is the exact same with my boy you got any pics

ladyjustice33

Original Poster
[/quote]
That is the exact same with my boy you got any pics[/quote]

Yep.....
BULL1WM1of1.jpg
BULL2WM1of1.jpg
BULL3WM1of1.jpg
BULL4WM1of1.jpg
BULL5WM1of1.jpg
SAPHIRA2WM1of1.jpg
SAPHIRA3WM1of1.jpg
SAPHIRA4WM1of1.jpg
SAPHIRA1WM1of1.jpg
SAPHIRAMADWM1of1.jpg
2012-01-25120456.jpg
2012-01-25120443.jpg
2012-01-25120527.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom