He's wasting away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Jupiter had a pretty good day yesterday, he had a few bites of greens on his own then I assisted him in eating a couple dubia injected with pollen. Later in the day I picked up a few supers I know are good and he happily ate 5.
He is still sleeping more then I'd like but he is perking up some. I tried baby food the other day, really bad choice. Not only did he really hate it but I almost choked him, I'll stick to pushing insects in his mouth.
I got a zucchini, gonna try and assist feed him some today. Anything liquid is a no go, he refuses to lick anything, I don't think I've ever seen his tongue outside his mouth.

valcash

Sub-Adult Member
I worked for a practice and we were not qualified to treat exotics. In cases where clients came to us for their exotics, an exotic vet would work with us, via email or the phone. So there is also that option among the practices. They could run a fecal and then consult colleagues who have the knowledge to know what to do with the information from the fecal. Same with knowing how to locate a vein and run blood work. No one wants their dragon to waste away. How is your Dragon doing now? You might want to try sweet potato jarred baby food or some other flavors until you find one your BD likes.
You do have the option of deworming as a preventative, but with that can kill off good bacteria and forced syringe feedings. You can buy supplements to help replace the good bacteria however.

Exotics are hard to care for on so many levels.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Gail,

Geez, I am sorry about your dragon's passing, that is terrible. :cry:
Any idea of the cause?

Tracie

Gail

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
No idea Traci, he continued to just lay around and eat sporadically. Looking back at his behavior, I think he had something wrong the entire time I had him. I'm also unable to explain how he grew to 19+ inches in 5 months when he hardly ate, he should have been smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom