Help with Laying of Infertile Eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Twobeardieguy":cd011 said:
The problem is you really cant feel all of the eggs because there is a layer of fat in there so as Sara said an x-ray would be best to confirm. Also did you try to put her in a lay box again?

I did put her in the laybox again and she just wanted to get out of it. I'll probably go with the x-ray soon.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
I don't think she reabsorbed them because she already laid 3 shelled. Though it is possible I guess. She could even only have had 3 in there I would still say get that x-ray done just to make sure and be on the safe side.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Twobeardieguy":6d204 said:
I don't think she reabsorbed them because she already laid 3 shelled. Though it is possible I guess. She could even only have had 3 in there I would still say get that x-ray done just to make sure and be on the safe side.

She said 7. That still doesn't seem like too many though.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I was waiting for her next appointment before getting hte ultrasound or xray, which is this weekend but beardie started laying eggs again today! She just did 4 in the last 30 minutes! Maybe this is it and she is going to get them all out?

spyder79

Extreme Poster
There isnt really an average number when it comes to infertiles because unlike fertilized eggs that rely both on the nutrients the female has and the sperm she has stored, infertiles rely only on her nutrients. Thats why they produce them gradually over a few days to a few weeks (unlike with fertile eggs where they drop them all at once and then reform another clutch.)

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
spyder79":e77df said:
There isnt really an average number when it comes to infertiles because unlike fertilized eggs that rely both on the nutrients the female has and the sperm she has stored, infertiles rely only on her nutrients. Thats why they produce them gradually over a few days to a few weeks (unlike with fertile eggs where they drop them all at once and then reform another clutch.)

True, I suppose I was just basing my comment on an infertile, healthy female.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Geez. Just today she "pooped" out 5 eggs in a big pile with feces, 2 of which were broken. This brings the tally up to something like 30. Now I am concerned. She definitely has more because when I put her in the bath today after that, I could see her trying to pass one but she never did and ended up falling to sleep.

The vet did not think it was necessary to do an ultrasound or xray after she laid that many. I wonder how many more are up there though.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
When I came home today, there were yet another 9 eggs laid. She is now up to 39, I believe. She looks like she is still trying to push one out and she is very moody right now. :shock: :shock:

Can this be related to the fact that she knows there is a male beardie in the same room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom