Help with Crestie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GZDRAGON

:?: hey guys!
I've been doing alot of research lately about geckos, becuase I'm thinking about getting one in the future.
The one i like the most was the crested!
I read that a 20 gallon even a 10 gallon is good for them and that the basking spot it have to be around 85f max.
I would like to get two of them but i'm not sure if the need a UVB lamp... I heard that they not need any at all.

can you guys tell me if they do need a uvb lamp?
and how high the humidity have to be?

dragons1222

Juvie Member
a good rule or thumb is 20g tank and add 10g for each additional gecko but 2 should be fine in a 20g but you may need to seperate them for aggression issues

and many people reccomend housing babies in smaller tanks and gradually moving them to larger tanks as they grow main thing is to use paper towels for bedding so you can keep better track of poop and so they dont ingest any crickets of you choose to feed them those

room temp is fine as long as it is in the 70's to high 60's and no basking spot os needed they can actually die if they are above 80 for too long

feed mostly crested gecko diet if you want to feed crickets you can feed a few once a week but they are not really neccissary

humitity should be around 60-70%

they do not need uvb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom