Help!!!! Strange discoloration on head please look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen this? He was fine during the day (as fine as he can be). Since he isn't doing so great I checked on him and this is what I saw.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
How is his appetite? Are you keeping him hydrated both orally and in baths? Have you had a fecal done to test for parasites? His fat pads look completely depleted and sunken in. Those would be the two dark sunken areas on his head. I would message Drache613 and ask her about it. Tracie knows quite a bit on the health of beardies. Reason I mention a fecal is that heavy loads of parasites will not allow for him to get his food or nutrients as the parasites are getting it so he is drawing on his fat pads. Loose runny, foul smelling poops are an indication of parasites. I'm not sure if dehydration can cause this or not, I do know it can cause sunken eyes. I would get some oxbow carnivore or critical care, mix some with water and syringe feed it or drip on the end of his snout for him to lick off.

BeardiesOnBlast

Original Poster
I have been speaking with Tracie, I had him on Oxbow Critical Care mixed with Pedialyte.
I lost him sometime last night around 12pm I checked on him about 10 and he was alive he moved to a different spot around 11:30 and this morning I found him lifeless. He had a vet appointment tomorrow since I had spent all of my back up on my dog because he has a nasty infection on his scrotum.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I am so sorry about your loss. I can relate to the pain of losing a beardie, just lost mine Dec 28th. At least now your beardie is no longer in pain or sick, he is over the rainbow bridge waiting on you and in the meantime you have a very special beardie angel looking over you and on your shoulder. Again I am so very sorry for your loss.

BeardiesOnBlast

Original Poster
Thank you. I miss him dearly already. I held. Little service for him. I took him into the woods to be among the trees where he would have been very happy to live. He is resting their now in in a tree that had a chunk missing from the roots. I will visit him often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom