HELP!! New baby 5 weeks old not eating and stressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilliy12

Original Poster
I will call - thank you!! I have the T5 10.0 and the right hood - but unfortunately way too big, as I thought it could be outside the cage. Should we offer any more chicken pie repashy with a syringe on his nose, but just not pick him up?

Lilliy12

Original Poster
He just ran around his cage - through the roaches and greens, and didn’t eat. I was excited for a minute! If I put the 10.0 T5 inside, I should change the decor so nothing is close to it then right?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You have the correct lighting and it can be on top of the screen but w/ the way hes acting it needs to be inside for now --- keep the fixture you may want to use it when you upgrade that tank to a 75-120 gallon - how long is the fixture 30 "?
I would try and get some food in him ---they will go thru relocation stress but for him to not eat at all is not good --- the relocation stress will effect their eating and slow it but not completely quit -- you will haft to pick him up to feed him -- I am going to have AHBD consult you on this feeding and see what she thinks-- I would have you take the screen off and have the UVB sit on top of the tank w/ out it --- can you take that decor thing off the back wall ? If you can so he cant climb it get the screen off even if you haft to set it on there half way so the UVB or part of it is not obstructed and have the decor piece 12-15 inches under the open part would work
Karrie

Lilliy12

Original Poster
We can take out the styrofoam wall, and that way we can put the light on top without the screen. We can cut cardboard out for the glass behind. Not sure how to make it stay though. This will stress him out to change, but he isn’t eating anyway, and that will get him more uvb. We will do that now. We have a 36” hood with a 34” bulb in it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You mean replace the Styrofoam w / cardboard? You can put it on the outside of the tank if your using it to get rid of the reflection-- the whole UVB does not need to be over the entire tank - so even 24" of it on the tank is good unobstructed --- just make sure your basking piece is 12-15 inches under it -- do that and then watch his behavior---
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's probably still just nervous, give him time. I think he'll be fine. One thing you can try though is to drop an insect in front of him while he's roaming around the tank. If he eats it, just repeat and lure him over to his bowl.

Lilliy12

Original Poster
I was hoping he would be less stressed since we got him a week ago today. I have put black fly larva down by him, and he looks at it, but nothing else. I also put it by his mouth, and he licked it, but didn’t try to eat it. I will take out the wall, I am just worried that will stress him more as he does hang out on it a lot.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes I am thinking the reason being is hes trying to get closer to the UVB -- it takes a while for them to get settled in - usually longer than a week- got to be patient w/ him and let him get used to you -- I am hoping w/ the readjustment of the UVB things will start going a lot better --
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes that looks better I like this piece better than the tree thing--- he will adjust and lets see what he does w/ his new log --- I wouldnt worry too much about the reflective now --- lets get him to where hes basking and eating --- your going to need to get yourself a glass or ceramic food bowl so your insects cant get out of - you want the salads and roaches to be in the same bowl - right now your roaches are ok cuz they are so small but when you start getting bigger ones they will escape the one your using now -- something like this https://www.amazon.com/OMEM-Worm-Dish-Reptile-Ceramics/dp/B01IRIL1SG/ref=sr_1_39?crid=122K96Q8LZ7J3&dchild=1&keywords=reptile+insect+bowl&qid=1595448207&sprefix=insect+bowls+for+%2Caps%2C186&sr=8-39
And you want the large one
Karrie

Lilliy12

Original Poster
He didn’t eat any salad or roaches today. We did get a little fluker’s repay+boost in him and I hope that is ok. He needed something! We did see him basking on the log! Had two power outages so that was probably upsetting for him. Maybe he will eat tomorrow!!

Lilliy12

Original Poster
No interest in roaches, salad or repashy dragon buffet, but drank some repti+boost again today. I hope this stuff is good to use!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not sure about the Repti boost some one else would haft to advise on that one-- whats going on w/ the UVB? Did you get a different fixture or get the one you had in the tank?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom