HELP!! New baby 5 weeks old not eating and stressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilliy12

Original Poster
Thank you! And now he needs to start eating again. He hasn’t eaten in three days. He has licked some water of a syringe. I will add his roaches back in tomorrow two hours after his lights come on.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He is going thru relocation stress- so if he eats a little that is good-- if all his lighting and temps are correct he will eat a little and as he settles in his appetite will come-
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, he was extremely young & shipping them that young is hard on them.
Can you post a few pictures of his tank setup for us so we can see the entire scenario?
The Reptisun 10 T5 should be fine, no problem. How far from him is it?
The temperatures might be just a little too high, possibly, at 115 in some areas. It is hard
to get temperatures just right sometimes. Try raising the basking bulb just a little to try &
get the temperatures down a little more.
Overall, the tank temperature or ambient air temperature really shouldn't exceed 80-82 or
so. Otherwise, they can become heat stressed & suffer heat injury in some cases.
That is good you stopped leaving crickets in the tank, they will & do bite.
Maybe let him try to adjust for a bit before panicking too much. I think it is going to be the
temperature issue along with relocation stress combined.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am going to combine your threads. :D
Your T5 tube will need to be directly overhead though, so it doesn't shine into his eyes.

Tracie

Lilliy12

Original Poster
Thank you for combining! I wasn’t sure if certain people only read certain threads! I added more photos - they appear at the bottom. They show the uvb light along the back next to the Basking light. I don’t like the gap of light next to the basking light because the tube in the fixture doesn’t go all
The way to take back. The big branches are directly under the T5 now, I hope they aren’t too close to it, but there are different heights. It the last pictures he basks about 11 inches down from the light. Does this seem better?

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/hNoy_jJpSDyohxKlmzZ76g.8uWKaCOcXqHb5gG-kpMckM

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
With the T 5 being on top of the screen optimal distance is 8-10--- so if hes getting any closer than the 11 would be good - what is the distance from the cave/ platform under the UVB? My guess is its farther than 11 --- has he been climbing on the tree and going to the top of the branches?
Karrie

Lilliy12

Original Poster
He only climbed the tree to sleep twice. He slept last night on the front left corner on the ground with he front feet on the glass. Right now he is on the wall under the UVB light. He looks terrible! The roaches and greens are in the tank, and he hasn’t eaten anything. I added two more pictures. The rock right under the light is 113 so I will raise it more. I just want him to eat! He didn’t lick his lips when we put water on them this morning. Will try again soon.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/NoHcwTOnT8q1xchodnqAlA.EIrzXWJrZ7mdtmXd01f4wb

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You may haft to intervene if he doesnt eat here soon --- yes get your temp down to 105-110--- is he under that UVB light when hes on the wall?
Karrie

Lilliy12

Original Poster
I appreciate the help! He last ate six small roaches Friday, and licked a little pot pie repashy on Saturday, and a bit repashy on Sunday. We haven’t picked him up Monday or Tuesday to try and feed him from a syringe in his cage, to try and help his stress, but that means no food at all, not even a lick. He did lick water a little yesterday.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
yes you want rock temp--- 105-110-- ok so hes getting UVB -- you may haft to take that fixture and get it in the tank - use these to hang w/ 3 Mcommand Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- fishing line -- potted plant wire hangers -- shoe laces --- if you get it in the tank put your basking decor piece directly under it and 12-15 inches from the UVB ---- you may need to get a different piece of decor but I think I would move it into the tank since hes climbing that wall -- ok lets got the UVB re-situated and see if this helps ---
Karrie

Lilliy12

Original Poster
I just measured and it can’t even fit in the tank! I will order a smaller one. What is best for the 36x18x18 40 gallon tank? And if it is inside, should I get the T8 instead of T5 10.0? I hope he makes it until a new one comes! The branches are about 6 inches, he is on the wall just 2 inches from the screen under UVB now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok go here and get this one https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesale-reptile-hoods-domes-fixtures/1884-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html
I want you to call them and find out how long before they ship --- 916-226-4089 they are in CA --- you need to get the T 5 bulb and it needs to go into the tank --- same thing w/ distance 12-15 inches -- this place is the only place I know that has the fixture most every one is sold out I would send you to pangeareptiles but they are out of stock -- you need to get the Reptisun 10.0 bulb T 5 its a stronger bulb and it will be fine for your tank --- you have the distance of the 18" --- you need the 22" bulb for that fixture
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom