HELP MY DRAGON IS MISSING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW FAR A BEARDIE WILL ROAM AWAY FROM HIS CAGE??? My baby got out of his outdoor enclosure. :( :oops: I left him outside in his enclosure I was in the house maybe 15 minutes and the one side of his cage was broken. I didn't think he could get out of it. I went outside to check on him and he was gone. :cry: I want my Dragon back!! :cry: Does anyone know where they would go to? I have trees all around my house. I am soo scared for Dragon he is a member of our family. I miss him soooooooooo much! SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!! :cry:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from Off Topic to General]

Sorry to hear that your beardie ran away. Is your yard fenced in? Are there any low brushes that he could've crawled under to hide? Or tall limbs to climb up?

My only suggestion is to look both high and low, and leave no stones unturned.

Good luck and keep us updated on whether you found him or not.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Kim when I read the post you made in Zak-n-Wheezie's thread and in Lance's thread for Cali I thought you
meant that Org got loose. Now I see that you were talking about big boy Dragon. I'm so sorry dear I know
you must be going nutz. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Okay adult beardies often do not wander that far off from where last seen. Lay on the ground near where the outdoor enclosure is and look from Dragon's point of view at the world. He may of gotten warm and decided that one of the shady spots in the yard nearby looked inviting. Don't give up hope...I've known of beardies missing for weeks and then showing up. Luckily it's not cold weather that's one worry you don't have to deal with. Do you have any opening that lead under the house?
Any shrubs in the flower beds?

Best wishes Kim!

newdragonownerkim

Original Poster
Thank you all for your replies and warm wishes. We have not found Dragon yet? :cry: I am hoping that he will come out of hiding tomorrow. My back yard is fenced in but not very well, plus we have grape vines all along the back of our trailer :( . We also have a hedge along the other side of the yard :( . We live out in the country so its all trees and fields past our place. :cry: :cry: I am praying that God will bring home my Dragon. :cry: We all miss him very, very much (especially me). I am the only one that has cried about him so far. I am going to have nightmares about birds and stuff getting him tonight. My poor baby! Anyways I will keep you all posted and thank you once again. Your advice is deeply appreciated!!

newdragonownerkim

Original Poster
I think I have literally searched my entire yard. :? I have not found him as of yet. :banghead: I am not giving up hope though. :| I put out his salad, (even though he doesn't usually eat it). I put out fresh water some super worms, and even a little dish of his calcium supplement, he seems to really like it.oh, I put the cricket cage out in the shade by his enclosure as well. I hope he will come home soon. I am worried sick:( I miss him so very much! :cry: All yours prayers are definately needed. Thanks again! I will keep you posted from time to time. I'm going outside to look some more. God bless you all!!
Kim :cry: (very depressed, beardie slave)! :cry:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Because of their color, it'd be pretty hard to see him if he's hiding in trees or vines.

What you might want to try is wait until it's dusk outside, then search for him with a flashlight. The light would force your eyes to be concentrated on a smaller field of vision and might draw you to where he'd been hiding.

newdragonownerkim

Original Poster
Well I practically just mowed my lawn with a pair of scissors looking for him under and in the grape vines and under and in the shrubs... :cry: No Dragon yet! Thanks Gina I will definitely try that at dusk. That is a very good idea. :D I am just hoping that an eagle or hawk didn't get him. :cry: There are quite a few around here lately. My poor baby! I :( wonder if he's as scared as I am? Talk to ya soon!
Kim

pamelacoe

Hatchling Member
Maybe you could put out some of his familiar cage furniture, like his hide, and set it outside on old t-shirt you have been wearing (so it has your scent on it). If he is scared, he may go towards something he recognizes.

TwistedCrayon

Sub-Adult Member
It's bad when they go missing inside the house. But I too lost Grim, my baby, outside. He finally turned up 4 days later, that night I was going to print out flyers. I know the agony your going through and I'm sorry. But don't give up! Keep searching.... Dragon knows you love him, and i'm sure is wondering what's going on. As soon as I picked up Grim he snuggled me (wasn't bedtime either) then looked at me like "where the h-ll ya been mom"...... Don't get discouraged...And keep us updated. I want to start a dragon search and rescue.

newdragonownerkim

Original Poster
Thanks! It's reassuring to know that they do come home sometimes. I have been looking day and night. The whole neighbourhood is keeping their eyes out for him as well. I really do miss him. I hope he comes home soon!
Kim :cry:

newdragonownerkim

Original Poster
I left his light outside for him last night and still no Dragon :cry: I am really starting to feel discouraged. We all miss him so much. My husband looks everyday. Even my son is calling him now (and he wasn't too concerned when Dragon first left). We are all missing him now. Especially with the baby it's very hard for me. Every time I look at Org I think of Dragon. It's sad.
I'll keep you posted if he comes back :(
Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom