HELP! My bearded dragon is lethargic and idk what's wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nxtxlie9653

Hi, I'm really worried about my bearded dragon, Nym. She is about a year and 1/2 old and yesterday (Sunday) she started acting strange. She refused to eat (she ALWAYS eats) but she did drink water. I put her in the tub for a bath and she drank a lot of water. After the bath I put her back in her cage and she seemed fine but then she threw up, everywhere. It wasn't liquidity at all, it was a bunch of her greens and crickets. Also, she was acting perfectly normal on Saturday and the last time she pooped was on Thursday. Today I thought she had an impaction, and so I did what I had done with my last bearded dragon and I gave her a bath with water and Pedialyte. That cleared my last bearded dragon within 30 minutes and she was fine. After about 10 minutes of massaging Nym, I picked her up and she went limp. I was terrified, she had stopped breathing. I thought she was dead but then about a minute later she started swinging her tail around and she opened her eyes. ( The whole time she was in the tub her head did not go under, not even her nostrils) now she's sitting on her perch that I built under the heat lamp and she is still breathing but her eyes are closed when I pick her up she responds by opening her eyes but she's not the same Dragon. If there is anyone that knows anything I would greatly appreciate any help I can get! Thank you! (Sorry this is so long :( )

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry your girl isn't doing well.
If you can review your tank setup with us such as the type/brand of UVB lights, temperatures, feeding & supplementation we can be sure everything is all correct.
If you have pictures of her & the tank setup that would be terrific, also.
Is her beard black at all right now?
How long do you give her to digest before turning her lights out at night?
Could she have eaten anything toxic, or poisonous like a spider, etc?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom