Help me decide.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynsie

MVB Bulbs:
Mega Ray 100 watt or T-Rex 100 watt?

Fixtures:
Standard 10 inch dome or 8 inch DEEP dome?
Zoo med fixture up to 160 watt or Flukers, not wattage listed?

hartungs

Hatchling Member
I think from what I have read, and purchased, that the MegaRay is the best UVB to get. I have the deep dome fixture as well. The MVB bulb will not fit into a regular ceramic lighting fixture.

reptilianboy831

Hatchling Member
It really all comes down to what you want, for MVBs, but i would definately get a deep dome fixture, with a stand, it works best. You might/might not notice a difference between the trex and the mega ray, ive read that trex puts out more heat, and megaray puts out more UVB but there probably about the same.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, I use a T-Rex and am very happy with it. Those bulbs are easier to find than the Megaray. The T-Rex does throw out more heat, I'm not sure about either one putting out more rays. Either one you get, I think you will be happy with.

diamc":f7916 said:
Well, I use a T-Rex and am very happy with it. Those bulbs are easier to find than the Megaray. The T-Rex does throw out more heat, I'm not sure about either one putting out more rays. Either one you get, I think you will be happy with.

Mega-ray is the best. And its really easy to find!!!!! = http://reptileuv.com

Lynsie

Original Poster
I went ahead and got a T-rex because the mega-ray was on backorder and I got 10% off the T-Rex.

Will it fit in a standard 10in dome? I bought a standard because my pet store had them and they were $10 cheaper than the deep dome, but I can exchange it if it won't work.

reptilianboy831

Hatchling Member
I would recommend something with a ceramic top. the zoomed deep dome has one, i dont know about the 10 in one your using however.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As reptilianboy831 said, it should have a ceramic top because they do get very hot. Also, since the MVB's are quite long, it may stick out of a standard 10" dome preventing you from being able to sit it on top of the screen. Since the deep dome is deeper, the bulb doesn't hang past the dome so you can set it flush on top of the screen with no problems. What size tank do you have and what wattage T-Rex did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom