Help! Lost my Beardie in my house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annie118

Don't forget to keep looking up. My beardie loves to climb up the side of a big parakeet cage I have and he will sit up there for hours and not move. Especially if you have dogs... maybe she climbed up something to feel safe.

reillyrebekahann

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Had a dream I found her last night. I thought it was real so I woke up happy and went to her cage to pet her.
It's crazy how dreams can do that to you.

Up til a few days ago I've been making an at least once a day search attempt.
Lately, I've stopped looking.

I don't think my dog ate her, because if she did you would think she'd be a little sick for a few days or at least have weird poop.
So I'm thinking she's still out there, somewhere.

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Thats a good point,...and that was a baby beardie. I heard a story of a beardie surviving for like 3 months outside.

~Haley

reillyrebekahann

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think Gilbert was a baby from some poor beardies that the store breeds over and over.
I think this because she's always acted a little bit slower than my other two, and all of the other beardies I've met. I had to basically make her eat all last fall & winter, and this summer she wouldn't eat any of my dubias unless I put one directly in front of her.
She was my first, and last like that.

I think that if she is out doing her lizard thing, then she's very ill prepared because I treated her too much like a baby.
Another foolish move on my part. But I realized this when I bought my 2nd one and from then on Gilbert is the only one that has gotten the baby treatment. Everyone else works for their food.

The more I think about it, the more it just gets worse and worse I swear.

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Just keep on looking, be positive, and most of all don't lose hope.

~Haley ( and I baby Puff all the time so that wasn't really a mistake on your part)

:cry:

lindawaz

I lost Elliot once. under the couch that fabric that hides the springs. Part of it was torn a little bit and he was up in the couch on one of the boards that the fabric was stapled to.

I found him there only cause the cat was too fat to get under the couch and he was reaching as far as he could swiping at the under side of the couch.

I hope you find him, can you shut doors so he can't go from room to room if he is venturing about when no one is home?

Dracosmommy

Juvie Member
Just an idea that's probably been mentioned before but have you tried putting food out where she can find it? I hope you do find her. I would go bonkers if I lost Draco. :( I'm NOT comparing her to crickets but that's how I found crickets that got away from me. I'd put carrot down and an hour later there's the cricket. As I said though, Im not comparing her to crickets so please don't take this the wrong way. :)

warnisha

Juvie Member
Oh my!!!!!! I just saw this post I sure hope she turns up soon!!!! She probably is doing the brumation thing since she is old enough! Like others said they are hardy animals and she will be okay!!!!!! and I am sure she can escape any fur balls attempts!!!! Keep an eye out on the animals though they may be checking her out occasionally sniffing around weird and stuff esp if you bring a new animal in!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom