Help! Lost my Beardie in my house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
Anytime my guy gets out and I can't find him, he usually likes to wedge himself in the smallest crevice possible (like between the dresser and wall, under a small shelving unit on the floor, under the fridge (a lot of reptiles like the fridge!), washer and dryer, behind the tv, under clothes. check the baseboards of your house front and back!)

Loganator

Juvie Member
Oh! You must be so worried. You would think she would have wandered out by now. I'm sorry I cannot offer any more suggestions. Everybody has already suggested everything I would have tried. Do you think the cats did something? Maybe just scare her so she's afraid to come out?

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Take a deep breath

Check every room for atleast 10 minutes

In closets move all the clothes

Check in really obvious places

Now check again throughout the house

Then look at where she was last, and see from the time you didnt have here to where she could have gone that would be comfrotable.

Believe me, you can't look in all places hard enough

So sorry :cry:

zooeymama

Hatchling Member
I know it's a completely different lizard but we lost one of our allies in the house for 2 weeks. They are much smaller so it's much harder to find them. We knew he was lost in the livingroom (that's the only place my son lets him run around)...well two weeks later they accidentally found him INside a basket of folded blankets IN the boys bedroom. Of ALL the oddest most remote places in the house. We NEVER thought to look inside any open containers of folded blankets or anything like that. He had crawled up into the basket and underneath 1 of the big fluffy warm blankets. Who knows how long he stayed there?? So be sure to check the laundry room, baskets/containers holding clothing or blankets/towels. I hope you find him!

reillyrebekahann

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the ideas everyone!
Still no signs of her, but I haven't given up hope yet.

I'm far more worried about my dogs than my cats. My mom shows them, so we have a couple dogs in our house that aren't ours. One of which is very bad around the beardies bc she lives on a ranch and hunts everything.
Since I haven't been able to find her, I am scared and wondering if she ate my Gilbert. I don't think she could have eaten her so fast and her poop hasn't looked weird (yes, I've been checking...) But still it's a possibility (not a pretty one) but it only seems logical since my entire family can't find her.

Poor Gilbert. I can't believe I took my eyes off her.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I doubt very much that she got outside. I've had a few escapees in my years, one for a month or so,[ and was fine ] and this time of year your girl may have found a dark, cozy spot to sleep. She may very well be brumating and will suddenly appear out of nowhere. But keep looking in all the places mentioned. Unless she got wedged somewhere where she can't move [ in which case you'd probably hear her scratching] then she will survive. Large dragons are fine with no food / water for long periods of time, because they are accustomed to brumating anyway . Just wanted to reassure you that the odds are really in her favor because she's big and healthy.

reillyrebekahann

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you. That's very sweet.

I'm hoping she is just napping somewhere and hasn't been messed with by any of the dogs/cats.

I made such a foolish mistake }:

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Everyone makes mistakes, you made one but I am sure right now she is snuggled up somewhere weird and taking a nap and will wake up and say wow I sure feel refreshed!

~Haley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom