Help! I disturbed my female while laying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remendowski

Hello everyone! Well, I made a mistake of disturbing my female while she laying. She was in her lay box for about 4 hours and I thought for sure she was done laying as she appeared to be sleeping and in the same spot for about 2 hours. So stupid me, decided to check on her and moved her. There were 13 eggs, and as I was removing the eggs she laid 2 more. Her belly still appears to be pretty big as if she still eggs but now she is covering the hole that she dug and laid in. What do I do? Thanks!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If she's covering them then she's done. There is the chance that she'l lay a few more in the next day or so, just watch to see if she does. Keep her well fed + hydrated and if she becomes very lethargic + ill looking you might get her to a vet that has experience with beardies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Was she with a male ? If not, the eggs willl not be fertile. If she was with a male they probably are. If they look partly deflated, like a half filled water balloon they are duds. If they are very plump they're most likely fertile. After 4-5 days you can shine a small pen light directly on them to see if any veins are developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom