Help for Clementine

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
That must have been really worrying and hard at times. She sounds like she was a strong lizard. I'm scared for the surgery but your story gives me hope.
Back when Booger needed her surgery, there hadn't been a lot of those types of surgery done, but that was about 12 years ago, a lot has changed since then.

MissMelanie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clementine
Just an update... no eggs yet sadly. She had an appointment tomorrow morning for surgery from a vets who assured us we'd be able to do a payment plan (carefree credit) However I was denied when I applied and was only told this evening. The appointment has been rescheduled for next Tuesday as that's the day the exotic vet works. My family and I will work to raise the funds ready for Tuesday. Until then lots of warm baths, good food and privacy. I have the vets emergency number avaliable incase she deteriorates. Once Clementine is better I'll definitely be getting insurance for future vet visits.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231120_211402_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231120_211402_Gmail.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 31

MissMelanie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clementine
Back when Booger needed her surgery, there hadn't been a lot of those types of surgery done, but that was about 12 years ago
Veterinary care seems to be always improving. A few years ago I met a kind vet called Hayley that was able to operate on my tiny mouse.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh so sorry about the carefree credit. It seems like it is awfully hard to get help on
any front these days. How is she doing today?
So you will be going to the vet next week then. Keep us posted on her. I hope she
continues to remain stable & do well!

Tracie

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Veterinary care seems to be always improving. A few years ago I met a kind vet called Hayley that was able to operate on my tiny mouse.
Can you email me at [email protected], my name is Becky. I am going to try and help you out as much as I can. I will also post your go fund on the beardie site I help run. I have been in your shoes and I had a ton of friends help me out.

MissMelanie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clementine
Hi,
An update...
Still no eggs. She is doing well though, still eating but she hasn't come out to bask the past 2 mornings. I've given her plenty of food in the past couple of weeks, hopefully this will help her feel better and be stronger for the operation. I'm taking her tomorrow morning. I'll let you all know how the procedure goes. I'll try to get some photos to share especially of the eggs when they're out. Wish Clementine luck!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, please keep us updated on her, hope she is feeling well. I'm sure that she will do perfectly fine
in surgery. Keep her well hydrated & rested.
Definitely post pictures of her recovering!

Tracie

MissMelanie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clementine
Hello,

Yes, please keep us updated on her, hope she is feeling well. I'm sure that she will do perfectly fine
in surgery. Keep her well hydrated & rested.
Definitely post pictures of her recovering!

Tracie
Clementine did really well in the surgery! She's been given 4 days of painkillers to help recovery. She's relaxing in her vivarium now with extra warmth. She's quite sleepy at the moment but when you approach/touch her she wakes up and she's alert. Yesterday in the evening after the operation she did eat 3 worms, she isn't hungry this morning but I'll try again this evening once the metacam has kicked in.
Thank you for your support and care. It's so sweet to know people care.
Please see the attached pictures

Attachments

• IMG-20231129-WA0010.jpeg
    IMG-20231129-WA0010.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG-20231129-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20231129-WA0006.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-20231129-WA0008.jpeg
    IMG-20231129-WA0008.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-20231128-WA0026.jpeg
    IMG-20231128-WA0026.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG-20231128-WA0028.jpeg
    IMG-20231128-WA0028.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 40

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, she had a lot of eggs & follicles there! I bet she feels better though. It sounds like she is doing
very well & is alert after her surgery too.
I hope her appetite picks up too. I'm sure that it will but it takes a little time for the effects of the
anesthesia to fully wear off.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

MissMelanie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clementine
Hello,
Clementine is still recovering well. She was a bit uncomfortable so I requested extra painkiller. These seem to be working and she's now more happy. She is eating as normal. She has a checkup on Tuesday and another appointment in 3-4 weeks for the stitches to be removed.
All is going well and she is on the mend 🙂

Attachments

• IMG-20231201-WA0013.jpeg
    IMG-20231201-WA0013.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 34

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great Clementine is doing well right now, I hope she continues to improve.
I wouldn't give the Tramadol for too long since it is morphine based. A lot of them tend to have some type of reaction to it, so use it with caution.
Keep us posted on her!

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom