Help for Clementine

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
Just some tips while you wait:
-Make sure she has plastic containers with sifted play sand in it as hopefully it should encourage her to lay them.
-Try to give her a relaxing warm bath as she might try to lay the eggs after that.
-Do not try to massage her belly as you will make it worse.
-Give her a nesting box with sand or vermiculite.
-Try to give her some privacy when she is in her enclosure.
Sending all my luck. Hope everything goes smoothly. 💝

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long has she been having trouble laying? As suggested, have you made up a laybox for
her in case she might be able to lay her eggs?
You can also give some extra calcium & oral fluids too, in case she is low in calcium reserves
at the moment. Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

MissMelanie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clementine
Just some tips while you wait:
-Make sure she has plastic containers with sifted play sand in it as hopefully it should encourage her to lay them.
-Try to give her a relaxing warm bath as she might try to lay the eggs after that.
-Do not try to massage her belly as you will make it worse.
-Give her a nesting box with sand or vermiculite.
-Try to give her some privacy when she is in her enclosure.
Sending all my luck. Hope everything goes smoothly. 💝
Those are some really helpful tips. Thank you!

MissMelanie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clementine
Hello,

How long has she been having trouble laying? As suggested, have you made up a laybox for
her in case she might be able to lay her eggs?
You can also give some extra calcium & oral fluids too, in case she is low in calcium reserves
at the moment. Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie
She layed 17 earlier in the year. I wasn't aware she still had 3 left to lay. I'm doing everything I can. Thank you. I'll provide updates soon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I know, it is difficult to know if they have eggs left over from previous clutches. Hopefully she'll be able
to pass them through so they wont become an issue. How is she doing today, is she eating normally?

Tracie

MissMelanie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clementine
Hello,

I know, it is difficult to know if they have eggs left over from previous clutches. Hopefully she'll be able
to pass them through so they wont become an issue. How is she doing today, is she eating normally?

Tracie
Hi Tracie,
She's definitely perked up today, thank you for asking. Yesterday and Today she came out of her hide to bask which she hasn't done in a while. I've also been in contact with another vets that see reptiles that can possibly do a payment plan for her treatment to spread the cost over months. Things are looking up!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great she is doing better & is more alert now. They can sure worry us to death sometimes!
Any signs that she might be trying to lay the rest of the eggs? That is good to hear you have found another vet willing to help out financially.
Keep us posted on her!

Tracie

MissMelanie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clementine
I have been in your shoes years ago and had a lot of friends help me so I pay it forward as much as I can. I pray you can get her in for surgery.
I'm sorry to hear that. Did your dragon make a good recovery? Thank you so much. That's so kind of you. I hope that when Clementine is better I can do the same and help others too. I can't express how greatful I am. Thank you again

MissMelanie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clementine
Hello,

That's great she is doing better & is more alert now. They can sure worry us to death sometimes!
Any signs that she might be trying to lay the rest of the eggs? That is good to hear you have found another vet willing to help out financially.
Keep us posted on her!

Tracie
She's eating normally and drinking too. I put locusts in her enclosure today for her to hunt. No sign of her getting ready to lay sadly. I'm giving her warm baths and keeping a very close eye on her. It's really lovely to see support and care from the Bearded dragon community. Thank you, I'll update you shortly

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I'm sorry to hear that. Did your dragon make a good recovery? Thank you so much. That's so kind of you. I hope that when Clementine is better I can do the same and help others too. I can't express how greatful I am. Thank you again
She made it though the surgery just fine. Only thing was she also had a mass that they took out. Next year she was acting funny so I took her in and got an x-ray, well the tissues had grown back so they had to do emergency surgery again, eggs had burst and her liver was absorbing them, but again she made it through, lived almost 12 years . and the 2nd time she had no way to lay the eggs being the surgery the year before. When she was spayed most didn't make it through surgery or after care, but she did twice.

MissMelanie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clementine
She made it though the surgery just fine. Only thing was she also had a mass that they took out. Next year she was acting funny so I took her in and got an x-ray, well the tissues had grown back so they had to do emergency surgery again, eggs had burst and her liver was absorbing them, but again she made it through, lived almost 12 years . and the 2nd time she had no way to lay the eggs being the surgery the year before. When she was spayed most didn't make it through surgery or after care, but she did twice.
That must have been really worrying and hard at times. She sounds like she was a strong lizard. I'm scared for the surgery but your story gives me hope.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We are all here to help! I was hoping that perhaps she might lay some or all of them on her own. Bless her.
Keep us posted on her!

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom