Help Dragon hasnt ate in a week now he jus lays there

Status
Not open for further replies.

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Have you removed the coil light? That is very dangerous to the beardie and can cause serious illness/injury. You are best to use a regular white light instead. Try to get your warm side to 105-110 at the basking site, and 80 on the cool side.

I hope he makes it through the night, and the vet can help.

****edited to add that I see that you said you have removed the coil light, but I was confused because your last post still mentions it being in the tank?****

The warm rice sock is a great idea, and will help keep him comfortable. Im sure hoping he makes it through the night for you....

HUGS

Sandi

cadillac

Original Poster
the coil light is jus for the uvb.. the heat light is just a regular heat light 75 watt

temps are good 106 at the basking site 80 on the cooler side

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, but you are better off with no UVB at all if it's coming from the coil light. Please remove it. It's causing way more harm than good. Your beardie, if it makes it (and I pray it does) will be fine for up to a week or so with no UVB until you can get the right kind. It is recommended to use a Repti-Sun 10.0 tube light - the hoods for them are very cheap, and can be bought for a few dollars at a walmart, or home depot or lowes.

Please, if you havent - remove the coil light completely.

HUGS to you and your baby

Sandi

cadillac

Original Poster
i went to wal-mart and got a Tube fixture that is 75 watts but it is only 24 inches long is that big enough ??? and if so what type of blub do i need ???

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
I understand hon, I really do. I wish there was more I could do to help. Is he doing any better at all? Is he sleeping?

HUGS to you!

Sandi

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
This just breaks my heart. Is it being kept warm? Are you still using the rice sock? When my oldest lizard was a baby I would hold it against me skin to skin to warm him. I dont know if that would help it all at this point... but Id probaby try it... but then again, Im such a mother hen LOL.

Does it respond to anything? Does it lift it's head?

Awww I sure wish I could help somehow!

Sandi

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Cadillac,

Any news? How is your dragon today? Was he/she able to hang on until you could get to the vet this am?

I'm hoping no news is good news.

The best,
Em

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
you REALLY need to get some food into her. I know you dont want to hurt her but if you dont get some food into her...well you know. You need to get squash and chicken baby food and mix them together. Perhaps add a very small amount of water to dilute it down. if she is just laying there then she isnt going to resist you opening her mouth. be very very gentle and add it into her mouth in small drops. Please try this. Please try carefully and slowly reading over everyones posts and make sure you have tried what they have suggested.

cadillac

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help but unfortunely my dragon didnt make it i left it at the vet all day and she passed away she had some disease like coccidia i think but i thank you all for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom