Help Dragon hasnt ate in a week now he jus lays there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry for your loss, that is too bad. :cry:
Coccidia is a parasite that if it gets too bad, it can make them very ill. He may have had it when you got him, but coupled with the bad lighting, it could have rose to levels that were out of control for him.

Tracie

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear that your baby didn't make it. :cry: We tried to help but he was too sick to be able to try to fight any longer. He had more than one health issue going on.

If you decide later on to get another beardie, please let us know and we will all work together to make sure that everything is perfect for him/her.

Em, thanks for filling in for me and reiterating the important questions and info, you tried very hard and I know you must be feeling badly too. :(

cadillac

Original Poster
i think you all for your support !! and help to yea tha vet said that she had to have had it b4 i got it!! so i was doomed from the start but i do thank alll of you for the help !

I am getting a new one though as soon as the petstore gets some more in there currently out but they owe me one !!

I have thrown the reptiglo coil blub out and got a repti sun 10.o 24 inch tube and a tube fixture

thanks again for all the support

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
We're here for you hon,

Im so sorry you and your baby beardie had to go through this. Im so glad the store is going to replace him for you. You'll have the chance to get properly set up and study more about him this time, so that should make it a bit easier.

BIG hugs to you

Sandi

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
I haven't been able to check in for hours, and have been thinking about your dragon, and hoping for the best. I'm so very sorry for your loss. :cry:

As Diane mentioned, Cadillac, when you get a new beardie, stop in here and we'll set you up for success. Parasites are not uncommon for beardies, being that they need all those live feeders. But with a good tank environment, parasites can easily be kept to very manageable levels. Sounds like you've got the ReptiSun ready to go when the time comes, and we'd be happy to help with whatever else you need, or answer any questions.

diamc":8365d said:
Em, thanks for filling in for me and reiterating the important questions and info, you tried very hard and I know you must be feeling badly too. :(

You're welcome, Diane. Just wished it could have been a better outcome. *sigh*

Cadillac, lots of support to you.

The best,
Em

cadillac

Original Poster
I GET MY NEW DRAGON 2morrow !!! Hopefully i wont be on this part of the forum anymore..

Thanks again for all the help i got from yall !!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good that you're getting another one tomorrow. If you can find one a little bigger than the one you had before, that might be best. Babies are quite particular with their care. Happy to hear that you threw that terrible coil bulb away and now have the Repti-Sun fluorescent. If you want to go over your whole setup with us, we will be more than happy to help with that.

We usually recommend getting a fecal check done after having your beardie for about 2 wks because it takes a little time for them to adjust to all the changes and 2 wks should allow enough time to have the test done appropriately.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Hi Cadillac,

Good to hear you'll be getting your new dragon soon. :)

As Diane mentioned, please let us know if there is anything we can do in terms of setting up his/her enclosure... or anything else for that matter.

The best,
Em

cadillac

Original Poster
I got my new dragon his name is swipper !!!!! Jus gonna let you know i have a post under interduction that has pics and my setup please take a look and let me know what you think i again thank you for all the help but i need to get off this post and let someone else get all your help !!! hopefully i wont need it !! but its good to know that if i do i got it

But i am putting a new post with pics of the dragon and the setup in the introduction check them out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom