Help! Broken tail. Need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

asheofhearts

Original Poster
*Update*
Khal is still very active! His tail just looks scabby like its healing over, but it does seem kind of red with some black scabbing. Not sure if it's infected but pretty sure its just scabbing. Will post pic tomorrow if requested. His color has come back, dulled a bit from shedding (I hope) but after a good nights sleep, he lightened up. His scales do look a little dry, which concerns me (I mist him 3 times a day which is why I'm concerned. And I see him drinking every once in a while and I also dip a clean finger in water and put itnon his nose. Sometimes he doesn't even wait and just licks it off my finger. Cute little thing) but am thinking its from shedding. My thermometer broke so I need a new one. Any links to a good one I can buy?. As soon as my next paycheck comes in, I'm going to take him for a free first exam at this new vet clinic that opened a few months ago. Stashing money aside in case they find something wrong (because you never know)

asheofhearts

Original Poster
You can barely see it in the picture, but if you look close, there's some type of yellow translucent ball of mucusy string connected between the urate and feces. Not sure if its normal or not. It didn't smell. But the stringy stuff concerns me

asheofhearts

Original Poster
88822-9946556510.jpg

His face just seems like he's sick. . Does anyone see any abnormalities?
Sorry! Just want to make sure I'm not going crazy! I just worry too much. :(

asheofhearts

Original Poster
88822-2393210959.jpg

Found this dry substance attatched between his urate and stool. It was this yellowish tint but was solid. Is it parasites? Or maybe he was mildly impacted and passed it?
The urate was a good consistency and his stool was firm but soft with a typical brown color and no odor.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think the urates look normal to me. They can come out with a string attached typically! They can be stringy sometimes. I think it looks like a pretty normal stool to me. If there isn't any smell then that is a good sign!
How is he doing otherwise, is he basking & eating?
I think his face is adorable. :D

Tracie

asheofhearts

Original Poster
Good! Haha I thought his face looked a little dry and sickly, but it might be from him getting ready to shed. Hopefully he isn't too uncomfortable and hopefully me misting and bathing him has been helping him feel better while he's shedding. :( His color is still dark. But he's basking and staying warm and has been eating his worms but won't touch his veggies or baby pellets. :( . I decided to take him outside and perch on my hand to get some actual son for a change. He's very active but has been napping a bit more. But when he's awake, he's lively! Pray for good health until I can get him to the vet for an ove check up!
PS: Good that it looks normal. :) It's just that the yellow stringy stuff was more than usual and piled together between the urate and stool and was kind hard. Like, crunchy hard, not solid hard. Its wierd to explain. Hopefully whenever I can get him in for a checkup, he can give me a fresh sample to have the vet check out the day we go. :) He poops once to twice a day. And some good sized/ healthy ones too! :)

asheofhearts

Original Poster
His tail is all heald up!
Though, I noticed these lumps at the part of his beard near his ear on both sides. I rub it and he doesn't flinch. When I rub it, he just closes his eyes like he likes it. I rub it and it feels like a little ball. His face just looks a little tired and sunken in and dry. Is it because of shedding? I mist him three times a day. He hasn't been touching his vegetables but loves his worms. He gets his worms dusted every other day or so and but doesn't touch his pellets either. Anybody??
88822-5999757238.jpg
88822-1402621293.jpg

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
He looks healthy to me but I would need more information on the bumps. Are they hard or fluid filled? Drache is your best bet for most knowledgeable medical advice.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you simply referring to the sides of his beards that are equal on both sides in location behind the ears? That is the development of their jowls basically. They will be soft & somewhat fluid filled, too. They get larger as they grow older.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

asheofhearts

Original Poster
Thank you! I got him rescued as a baby! I don't know how old he is but he's about 9 inches long and getting very big. He started doing the eye puffing thing to stretch the skin around his eyes about two weeks ago. So I figure he's working on shedding. But he's taking FOREVER to shed and I just hate thinking about how uncomfortable he is. :/
And yeah, that's what I was referring too! Thank you!
Sorry, I'm just so paranoid about my baby. He's doing fine other than looking kind of dry and sickly from the shedding. He seems tired more recently which I think its from the shed. I never held an adult bearded dragon in real life, so I haven't seen in person what they develop to be so I guess that since he's getting bigger, I'm finally noticing the differences of him getting bigger! He's still fairly active. Slowing down a bit as of recently though. His tail is skin colored andnot scabby anymore! So I think it healed up pretty nicely.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great news his tail has healed up well now! It wont affect him in the least & it makes him no less of a terrific dragon, just more special. :D
The shedding is pretty stressful for them but I am sure he will get through it. The eye bulging is sure bazaar looking. LOL Sometimes the shedding does seem like it takes awhile & other times they speed through it. Hopefully he doesn't mind the misting. It definitely does make them more tired especially since they are growing so quickly. It is really awesome to watch them grow & develop.
You are doing wonderful! Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom