Help Beardie Constipatied???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todayistheday

I got my bearded dragon 1 week ago from a friend who could not care for him he is around 7 months old I think he is constipatied he has pooped twice in the time I have had him he seems pretty overweight when I pick him up what should I do? Today I tried to give him a warm bath but he is too scared of me does any one have any tips to help me? Also I give him calcium but I am not sure if my friend did and he shakes his head when he lifts it up should I be worried??

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he has pooped twice already that's a good sign. It may take time to get him adjusted to a good diet. I would focus on hydrating him with fresh veges, live bugs that have been eating fresh veges, and by dripping water on his nose for him to lick up if he wants to.

It's also important to provide appropriate levels of heat across the tank and sufficient UVB over the basking area. This is critical to their digestion and overall wellbeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom