Hello new to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Piranha

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone,

just thought id take time to say hello as I have just joined this forum. I have 2 BD. One called Spike at almost 3 and a half years old and his little girlie Nor who is just 1 maybe 2 years old and a very recent addition.

Nor is a rescue and Spike has already taken Nor under his wing and is teaching her how to drink from his water bowl and to eat his dried foods. All of which I’m happy about as Nor is still a under weight and needs feeding up. She was in a sorry state when she was given up by her previous owner and she was stressed and starving herself. She now has a healthy appetite and is steadily putting weight back on.

Well that’s where we are here with Spike and Nor :D

The Piranha

shortygirl

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome to the forum...

Just a couple of questions...Did you quarentine for 90 days prior to putting them together? There's good reason to, particularly of late with Adenovirus rearing it's ugly head with a vengence & since you may or may not know your new girls history.

Also, they are male/female? Honestly - I'd house them seperately. Spike WILL try to mate with Nor...constantly. Which will just stress her... better to have them be by themselves, and since beardeds are solitary animals - they do not want nor need "company".

Just my 2 cents, look forward to seeing you around. Do you have any pics?

~Michelle

The-Piranha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the concern, yes she has done time in quarantine. To tell you a little more about us we have been rescuing, keeping and breading reps for over 25 years. We have great backup from a good vet, from the local pet store owner who I’ve personally known for over 30 years we started out together working in a large pet store as kids in the reptile and fish house, I’m also a member of the local herp soc. So we are not alone...... :D

They are definitely male and female - Spike having the full black and orange beard large longer head and the 2 hemipenile bulges at the base of his tail. Nor has only the single central nodule, smaller shorter head and thinner tail.

When introduced to each other we knew that there were 3 possible outcomes and possibly having to be housed separately. Those being - they would ignore each other, they would fight or they would try to mate like rabbits. Well Spike decided to be the gentleman and thus they both ignored each other. Spike has displayed his dominance by the occasional this is my spot and I’m going to climb on top of you top squish you to the floor. So he does know his masculine role.

i do have some pics of them which i will up when i find somewhere to put them.

Stu AKA The Piranha :)

shortygirl

Sub-Adult Member
Nice to know Stu's behaving himself! And the "squish to the floor" had me laughing :lol:

Glad to know we have another resource to pull from - get so many 15ish year old kids calling themselves breeders these days (because my 22 year old @$$ is so knowledgable right? :? least I know better & leave it to the experts!!) that it sort of sours you to everyone...sorry bout that!

~Michelle

The-Piranha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Michelle,

no problem.... You didn't know me from Adam I could easily of been your 22 year old and talking of which the thought of him had me lol I remember those days ... or at least I think I do if I try real hard, those were the days I had a lot more hair on my head and testosterone for a brain....... :lol:

These days besides the animals I re-house, I have Spike and Nor as you know. A 10ft Common Boa and of course my Chameleons... The Tropical fish tanks and lastly a Neapolitan Mastiff... so my house looks more like a small zoo with patches of slobber here and there from the dog. :D

All of which makes for some comical occurences

Stu Aka The Piranha

PS I always behave myself when no one is watching.... ROFLOL I worked out you really ment Spike......

The-Piranha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
here is spike and nor there s a larger version in Photo Expressions entitled Spike and his new girlie Nor

IMG_1063small.jpg

shortygirl

Sub-Adult Member
LOL - whoops on the name, sorry there! lol.

Beautiful dragons you have - I'd love to see the rest (I LOVE mastiffs, I just wanna mush their faces, they're so lovey).

~Michelle

The-Piranha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hi ok here is Sid and Homer

sid.jpg

Sid my Boa 8yrs old

homer.jpg

Homer AkA Homie my puppy dawg 7 years old though in this photo he is about 2 - 3 y/o

At some point i will take a new pic of my main brood female Veiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom