head biting

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemmons

Original Poster
sorry!
big viv 2x 60w reflector bulbs
1x ceramic heat bulb (night heat, thermostat set for 80f)
1x reptisun glo uv 10.0
this set up was reccomended by reptile centre so hope its ok!

small viv (improvised by me)
1x 60w reflector bulb
1x ceramic heat bulb (as before)
1x reptisun glo uv 10.0

so far the small viv appears to be the same ish as the big one (ie i've got two thermometers, one just below the basking spot and one at the 'cool' end the 'hot' one says 90 and the 'cool' one says 80) well they both say 80 atm because its night time! i do have one of those lock things i can put on the front of the glass to hold it open a little but without him managing to push the glass open if you think that might be a good idea? i'm not sure how it will work in the summer but i do have some 40w bulbs

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hello there,

How are you taking these temps?
Ideally for basking you want 95-105, 90 is a bit on the low side.

Also unfortunatly we have heard dreadful things about the repti-glo 10.0's. They just dont kick out the UV like they should and they can really damage your dragons health. You really need the repti-sun 10.0 (in the UK we have the same thing called Arcadia D3 Reptile Lamp Fluorescent Tube), especially with a girl who's just laid and depleted all her calicum.

If your local store doesnt have the light I can give you a few websites that have good reputations.

Holly

lemmons

Original Poster
sorry, i've just looked at the box the tube came in (kept it so i knew what to get next time), they are both a reptisun. the thermometer is well below the basking site, i took the temps of both with a heat gun earlier and they were 41.1 c (small viv) and 39c (big viv). neither of them tend to sit in the basking site right underneath the spots so i guess its hot enough or they'd be there all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom