He wont let me hold him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raidiowires

My bearded dragon that I've had for three months and is over five months old is skittish and is scared of me. Is this a sign of aggression? Or of PTSD or something? He has also been running around and tank dancing a lot more than usual. The tank is not too small or anything and I cleaned it recently. I want him to ride on my shoulder out in the sun when he's older but whenever I hold him he runs away from me. :<

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
I hope you get response. I wish I could help but my Palmer wont let me hold him either and he is 8 months or so. I thought it was teenage attitude but does not seem to be coming out of it. Hang in there. I was told just to continue being patient :wink:

label

Hatchling Member
When our female Shayvele was between about 4 and 8 months old she tried to be as terrifying as possible when we'd go to take her out--puff out her beard, gape and generally be as scary as 150 g of lizard could be. We kept at it, as slowly and calmly as possible, distracting her with one hand and picking her up with the other. At about 9 months she began to settle down and now is generally quite happy to be held and cuddled. I wouldn't trust her on my shoulder without a harness, since she likes to jump and if she wound up going splat on the floor she could hurt herself. So don't despair and patiently keep trying. Of course, every lizard is different--we have two baby southern angle-headed dragons and the (probable) female is pretty docile but the (probable) little male tries the "I'm a velociraptor and I'm going to kill you" routine whenever I try to pick him up, which is even funnier in a lizard that's 13 cm from nose to tail-tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom