He said they "got along great!" *pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie77

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Will they be ok the way they are for the time it would take to order them online? If so then that is the way I will go. Saving money is ALWAYS a good thing.

If they are not going to be ok that long, I am going to have to dish up the dough for the lights at the store...

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
All they need is a MVB and CHE right? They can go, safely without a UVB source for a week or so, so I wouldn't sweat it. If you need heat for now, you can just use household light bulbs. They are only like 30 cents at the store, and they produce a lot of heat. You can go to your local hardware store to get fixtures, too. As long as they have ceramic ends, they are safe to use. The MVB's are the size of flood lights, so you want to get fixtures big enough to accommodate them.

As long as it doesn't get too cold at night, you may even be able to forgo the CHEs.

Julie77

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well that makes me feel better. Thank you..

I thought I had everything that we would need. Until we found TWO dragons that is. But that is good to know that they will be ok until then.. I will order them tomorrow and get out some of our lightbulbs just in case.

Thank you so much!!

My lizard was aggressive like that, it was a bit more serious though as he tried to eat the head of one of the others :shock:
But now i have separated Dante from the other two, and he is now fine on his own.
I think what your lizard was doing with the puffing of the neck and so forth, was a mating display to attract the other. When he tried jumping on it and biting its neck, thats what lizards do during mating, to hold onto the mate, so i wouldn't worry about that.
But if you don't want any babies, then i suggest you separate them, as he may get more aggressive and hurt the female.
x

peera

Sub-Adult Member
For the record, if she does lay eggs (which she may whether or not they successfully mated, females are known to lay duds) you can put them in the freezer to ensure they won't hatch. That will remove the stress of what to do with dozens of little ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom