Has anyone tried or read this ebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
I've heard it's a scam. Not only are they using scare tactics, but claim to be the only source of such secret information. Sure signs in my book that it's a scam, especially with the extra note at the bottom that if you aren't willing to buy his book, then you aren't fit to own a dragon. I had to laugh at his "my 10 years experience makes me one of the most recognized authorities". 10 years is only 1 lifespan of a dragon.

There is not a single point that they claim to have the secrets of that someone on his board can't answer. I skimmed halfway down and I could answer them all.

YellowRoomReptiles

Juvie Member
I fully agree. It's a total scam, and any reputable breeder or anyone on this forum would be willing to assist you with any questions that you might have for free.

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
I speak from experience that it is a scam, I bought it relying on the 100 % satisfaction guarantee...there was NOTHING in it that I didn't already know, so I got my money back 8)

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
That is why I decided to check with you guys first, thanks.
I feel pretty good about owning a BD but I thought some of the fun facts would be neat to learn so I may look again at his preview and ask away!! LOL You guys may wish I just bought the scam book!!

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Here are a few things the book advertises that I would like to know. Some of them could be a gimmick to get you to purchase the book. But here goes.

How to read the bearded dragon’s eye movements like a pro (These are 2 distinct eye movements you must learn to recognise...)

What the bearded dragon is trying to do when it flattens itself even further

How you can look at a bearded dragon’s tail direction to determine its relationship with other
animals or beardies

5 body language experiments you should do with your bearded dragon, to build up a “mental database” that accurately maps its feelings with what it does

5 kinds of deadly insects which should never be given to your bearded dragon

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
Valerie":1m2re72o said:
Here are a few things the book advertises that I would like to know. Some of them could be a gimmick to get you to purchase the book. But here goes.

How to read the bearded dragon’s eye movements like a pro (These are 2 distinct eye movements you must learn to recognise...)

What the bearded dragon is trying to do when it flattens itself even further

How you can look at a bearded dragon’s tail direction to determine its relationship with other
animals or beardies

5 body language experiments you should do with your bearded dragon, to build up a “mental database” that accurately maps its feelings with what it does

5 kinds of deadly insects which should never be given to your bearded dragon

1. stink eye, and gimme eye are the only two I think you need to know

2. make itself look bigger either for intimidation or to get more heat/uv.

3. when they curl their tails up in the air they are hunting, I think swishing the tail back and forth might be hunting or jumping, I forget mine don't do it often.

4. I don't think you have to do any experiments to learn their body language. Just observe, you'll be able to see what mood they're in after a while.

5. fireflies (lightening bugs) and any glowing insects. Those are HIGHLY toxic to any animal. Not sure of the others. You should never feed wild caught insects. They could be diseased, parasite-ridden or have ingested pesticides.

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
It's pretty easy to pick up all these signs and what they mean after attending to a dragon's every whim for a year or so :lol:

As ziggy pointed out there's the 'gimme eye' - When the pupils dilate as they spot something yummy. I think there are actually a few expressions of their eyes... like curiosity, fear, and that look they will direct to the sky to keep an eye out :)

When lizards curl their tail back and forth it's either intently hunting prey, or when they are wary of another lizard.

Oh, and one other thing... they're ticklish in the back feet, Pepper has learned to kick with a good aim :lol:

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
LOL...
I actually bought it....not b/c of the *secrets* etc. lol. I just thought he would have the basic care info :D

We had just decided to let our son get a beardie, and I wanted him to know EXACTLY what was involved before we began looking. It 'twas impatience and laziness on my part that we got it LOL I printed it up so he could read it in bed at night.....did not have to go to the bookstore, or wait online etc.

I know for sure there are a few things he does that we would not do. I believe he states that older dragons can live on sand b/c they don't miss their prey and will not ingest the sand.....but ya know, I would not risk it at any age after coming here to learn :D

It *was* good for our son to have to read but I would not recommend it for someone who has a smidgen of patience (that I did not have :oops: :lol: )

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
2. make itself look bigger either for intimidation or to get more heat/uv.

3. when they curl their tails up in the air they are hunting, I think swishing the tail back and forth might be hunting or jumping, I forget mine don't do it often.

I knew to make themselves look bigger but I did not know to get extra heat. Thanks

I had heard when they curl their tails it is an attentive measure but I am sure it is the same. I know my BD has done the tail curl in his bath.

Also I knew about the fireflies so maybe he was going to say wild caught bugs too like you said.

To sum it up, I am so glad I did not buy this book but belong to a group like this!

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
PeppersGirl":jay7v57r said:
It's pretty easy to pick up all these signs and what they mean after attending to a dragon's every whim for a year or so :lol:

Oh, and one other thing... they're ticklish in the back feet, Pepper has learned to kick with a good aim :lol:

LOLOL...what a *wonderful* word picture that is! Bwahahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom