Hard lump on leg! Comments please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nardo

Original Poster
Hi all,
An update :)
He has been looking really good the past 2 days, and really doesn't like laying in the sun, just wants to cuddle up in the shade! Sooky bum. His tail was twitching like crazy also

https://youtu.be/WiMEa-MjlYU Sitting in the sun, 0:46 seconds him running and hiding for shade :p
https://youtu.be/bXQ9oLCuz9w Eating cricket, actually eating 0:58secs

Am after some advice for his MBD treatment/recovery plan (unsure of amounts and frequency);
-Firstly, his housing is a little ICU unit fenced off in his viv, checking temps constantly, 12" from UVB
-How many ml to syringe feed per day? And 2 times per day? I have been using baby food & electrolytes/water approx 0.4ml each, Calcivet drops every 2nd day 0.03ml
-I have Wombaroo (haven't used), Calci & D3 dusting every 2nd day (D3 bad?)
-Herpaboost, Critta care are due to arrive in 2 days as they didn't have stock, how many ml?
-Should I order Repashy too?
-He ate 3 crickets Sunday, 1 yesterday, 2 today so far on his own, should I be force feeding him more?
-His poop is not formed. He drank SOO much water last night in his bath!
What else can I be doing? Want to make sure I am doing everything I possibly can for him

So so proud of my lil man for pushing through.
Thank you in advance

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey, that's good to hear. :) The dark blanket in the sun would be very hot so he skidaddled out of there lol.

As long as he's getting lots of hydration + some of the supplements he should start doing better. Be careful of the cricket size, those are pretty large for a beardie that has mobility problems, you want to be super careful so he doesn't become impacted. Use smaller crickets....it's good to disable them like that + push them around so he sees his easy prey.

Nardo

Original Poster
Thank you for the swift reply, will switch over to the smaller crickets :) hopefully he does a good poop soon :p

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Nardo":38w34mxb said:
Hi all,
An update :)
He has been looking really good the past 2 days, and really doesn't like laying in the sun, just wants to cuddle up in the shade! Sooky bum. His tail was twitching like crazy also

https://youtu.be/WiMEa-MjlYU Sitting in the sun, 0:46 seconds him running and hiding for shade :p
https://youtu.be/bXQ9oLCuz9w
[/color]
Am after some advice for his MBD treatment/recovery plan (unsure of amounts and frequency);
-Firstly, his housing is a little ICU unit fenced off in his viv, checking temps constantly, 12" from UVB
-How many ml to syringe feed per day? And 2 times per day? I have been using baby food & electrolytes/water approx 0.4ml each, Calcivet drops every 2nd day 0.03ml
-I have Wombaroo (haven't used), Calci & D3 dusting every 2nd day (D3 bad?)
-Herpaboost, Critta care are due to arrive in 2 days as they didn't have stock, how many ml?
-Should I order Repashy too? Yes .... wont hurt to keep some GrubPie on hand and it increases your options.
See this for guidance on volumes , viewtopic.php?f=45&t=232687
need to know his weight in grams (and be concervative (go for low volume but multiple times per day)
Herpaboost has instructions on back of bottle regarding vol/gram body weight , same for crittacare , also info on their webpage (VetaFarm).
When I was treating Wriggles this is what VetaFarm emailed to me when I asked for help :
You may find it easier to mix the herpaboost with a little warm water – so measure the dose by sucking up with the syringe only ( no needle ).
You will then add a small amount of hot water and mix. The best medication needle to use will be either be a 14g or 16g needle.

-He ate 3 crickets Sunday, 1 yesterday, 2 today so far on his own, should I be force feeding him more? <<< what size are the crickets ? how heavy is he atm ?
-His poop is not formed. He drank SOO much water last night in his bath!
What else can I be doing? Want to make sure I am doing everything I possibly can for him

So so proud of my lil man for pushing through.
Thank you in advance

Nardo

Original Poster
I have alternated with small and medium sized crickets and will only get small for now until other bugs arrive :) :)

He had 1 seizure today and after he drank SOOOO much water and diluted electrolytes. He belly is literally as full as it can be!!! He did this other day too. Gave him a bath today and he squeezed out a little white lump and only tiny wet poop 2 nights ago.

He is 12.5g right now with a massive water belly. My scales aren't new but I cross checked with water in syringe. Haven't weighed him before and Vet didn't give me any info..

Thank you for medicine info, Grub Pie on the way and other meds, will re-evaluate when they are all here :)

-(Not best comparison photo) :p Left: today in the Sun, ribs showing. Right: FAT water belly!! Cannot be any fuller lil potato
93896-920486269.jpg

-I have been concerned about black part on his tail, there is a bit of skin is flappy there and a little bit further down has skin also, Tail rot? Also, he has black dots on his side, hard to see but definitely an off black, mites?
93896-6646483382.jpg
93896-9902881751.jpg
93896-627498292.jpg

Gahhh every little thing is stressing me!
We are so thankful to you all for the assistance
xxxxx

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Nardo":orx8q8l1 said:
I have alternated with small and medium sized crickets and will only get small for now until other bugs arrive :) :)

He had 1 seizure today and after he drank SOOOO much water and diluted electrolytes. He belly is literally as full as it can be!!! He did this other day too. Gave him a bath today and he squeezed out a little white lump and only tiny wet poop 2 nights ago.

He is 12.5g right now with a massive water belly. My scales aren't new but I cross checked with water in syringe. Haven't weighed him before and Vet didn't give me any info..

Thank you for medicine info, Grub Pie on the way and other meds, will re-evaluate when they are all here :)

-(Not best comparison photo) :p Left: today in the Sun, ribs showing. Right: FAT water belly!! Cannot be any fuller lil potato
93896-920486269.jpg

-I have been concerned about black part on his tail, there is a bit of skin is flappy there and a little bit further down has skin also, Tail rot? Also, he has black dots on his side, hard to see but definitely an off black, mites?
93896-6646483382.jpg
93896-9902881751.jpg
<<< might be a bit of retained shed or a healed injury , next shed should fix that I think.
93896-627498292.jpg
<<< I think those little black marks are just blemishes on a few scales, they'll should come off with the next shed.

Gahhh every little thing is stressing me!
We are so thankful to you all for the assistance
xxxxx

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, the black specs are perfectly normal. I just want to emphasize though how important it is to not give him those large crickets. The bloating and the small seizure may be from that , as well as the timy poo that was mostly white [ which means he may have a slight impaction already ] So be fanatical about cricket size right now. Once he's quite a bit larger + healthy he can eat bigger crickets.

Nardo

Original Poster
Could I use coconut oil instead of olive oil to help him?
I only have the medium crickets at the moment so will squish them in pieces to see if he is still interested and await for other bugs in mail.
Excited for him to finally shed :) :)
He looks so good today so far, eyes open and looking around. So much love in the household since he arrived!

I don't know what I would do without this forum :love5:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You mean oil to help him poo ? Maybe just a drop, it's really not all the health rage that it was cracked up to be.

Use regular veg. oil or the best things....just use applesauce, canned pumpkin [ no spices ] baby food squash + sweet potato. Those are better than using oil for impaction.

Nardo

Original Poster
We don't have other oil and to save purchasing everything under sun for my tiny lizzie :p
Have been using baby food for past week
He just ran around omg my heart melted!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good, he's definitely doing better. :) Everyone wants to hear when a sick dragon is on the mend. Keep up the good work !

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Nardo":niqyb445 said:
We don't have other oil and to save purchasing everything under sun for my tiny lizzie :p
Have been using baby food for past week
He just ran around omg my heart melted!

Olive oil is great on salads (for humans) and very healthy for cooking stuff in the frypan, and is quite effective at getting lizards to poo (Nardo being very tiny would only need 0.01-0.02ml) and he'll like the taste, all my gang do.

If he's getting that energetic he must be on the mend.

Unfortunately the baby foods mentioned by AHBD ( canned pumpkin [ no spices ] baby food squash + sweet potato ) are very hard to find here in Australia at Coles & Woolworths ( on their online shopping pages anyway - I've looked and couldn't see them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom