Happy new dragon owner :) *New pics on pg.4*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
One more thing, are grounded up (powder) egg shells good for natural calcium, once every 2 weeks? I have ReptoCal that I'm giving him 5 times a week, and vitamins 2 times a week, but I heard that I need natural calcium too, so that's why I'm asking.

Thank you very much for looking at Ziggy's pics and thanks for your answers. :notworthy:

This is the best beardie forum "evah". :blob5: :mrgreen: :blob8:

P.S.: new pics are on page 3 :)

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Oh my goodness! He certainly did asplode! :laughing6:

The egg shells are unnecessary - the calcium supplement you're already giving him is fine. It's possible to give too much calcium, and you don't want that, so just stick with what you're doing. :D

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes he did :laughing6: It was so funny, I gave him a bath, dried him and put him back in a tank, and when I came back I found him like that. :laughhard: I had to take a pic of him, he was looking at me, like: "what, are you going to help me here, or not???" :laughhard:

Oh, it's great that I don't need anything else. :wink: Thanks for answering and for looking at my pics. :notworthy:

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Those are soo funny!!! It was time for that skin to GO :) I'm convinced they take in a big puff of air and boooom :) That's what it looks like at least hehe Glad you shared !

TwistedCrayon

Sub-Adult Member
Ziggy is a cutie! Love the "asploded" pics...., wow 42 tarantulas! Do you have a Versi-color? I wanna get one but I'm not so sure..... I'm sorta 'fraid of them.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Barb, Carrie and T-Crayon. :D

Yes I watched him a bit that day, and he puffed himself up, body, beard and eyes :shock: It was so funny to watch. hehehe And than few minutes later when I came back, he was all "asploded" LoL

No I don't have Avicularia versicolor, but few years back I had Avicularia azurklassi, she was super pretty, as are A. versicolor's.
You have nothing to be afraid of, tarantulas are mostly calm creatures, and they don't jump at you just to bite. :) Best thing would be if you bought yourself a little sling, not too small (around 5cmLS, LS=leg span), that way you can see all the amazing color changes that versicolor goes trough, and you would get to know the "personality" of your tarantula. Actually Avic's (Avicularia genus) are good beginner T's. But be ready to have more soon, b/c they are super addictive, as you see. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
ThanksgivingStitch.jpg

Stitch, Sydney, and Carrie

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
Wow what a cutey! I hope Ziggy is with you as long as my baby is too. The only thing that I can think of that we did that was out of the ordinary is we lay out together in the summer (I live in fl, so the "summer" is pretty long), but maybe that added in a few years. I can't believe how many tarantulas you have, that's crazy! They are all gorgeous, I'm kinda partial to them because of my love of Harry Potter, and you have a very impressive collection.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Mavellie":3qp01ga2 said:
Wow what a cutey! I hope Ziggy is with you as long as my baby is too. The only thing that I can think of that we did that was out of the ordinary is we lay out together in the summer (I live in fl, so the "summer" is pretty long), but maybe that added in a few years. I can't believe how many tarantulas you have, that's crazy! They are all gorgeous, I'm kinda partial to them because of my love of Harry Potter, and you have a very impressive collection.

It's cool that you love tarantulas too. Yes, I have a "few" tarantulas, they are very cool and I love watching them hunt, eat and molt. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ziggy is doing good, eating, bathing and pooping every day. He got a bit bigger and his tummy is bigger too. =) As I couldn't find those beardie hammocks anywhere here I made my own, and little guy loves it. :blob5: :blob5:
Carrie, pics are coming later today, but I took them with my cell, so quality won't be top notch. :roll:
Thanks for taking time for commenting and looking at pics of my "exotic" family, it's much appreciated. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
I've actually never seen a tarantula hunt, I'll have to youtube it. I'm glad your guys Buddha belly is coming along, I love a big ol' beardie belly. Can't wait to the the new pics!

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey guys, here are some pics as I promised :blob5: :blob5: but only ones taken with cellphone :banghead: :( :banghead:

Ziggy basking
dsc02378.jpg

dsc02379.jpg

He picked this spot for sleeping
dsc02385.jpg

Chek out ma Sexy LEGG, ma sexy legg,...
dsc02405.jpg

Ziggy sleeping in his burrito :) (look at that little "hand", aww)
dsc02422.jpg

Checking out the new "hammock" that I made
"Hmm, me wonderz if thiz iz zoft enough for ma tushyz?"
dsc02440.jpg

"I faund ma zleeping pozition fo' toonait"
dsc02441.jpg

When he finds a position worthy of a dragon, he wiggles his butt and stretches his legs completely under 90° angle, LOL, it's really funny when you actually watch him doing it. :laughhard:

There you go. I hope you like them, and I'll try to post some tomorrow too.
Oh, base of his tail got quite thicker than it use to was, even 5-6 days ago. :blob5: It looks much stronger now. Hah, I love how he gives me a "stinky eye" if he doesn't approve something, it's hilarious. :laughhard: :laughhard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom