Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
beardie osk":2193e said:
[

100_0173.jpg

"WHEW, I KNOW NO ONE WILL FIND ME HERE, THIS IS A GREAT HIDING SPOT"

The last picture reminded me of the Mighty Joe Young movie, when Joe was hiding behind a skinny tree, and covering only his eyes, playing hide and seek...........and of course, no one could see him........ so precious..........

:laughhard: I can't see you, so, of course, you can't see me! :laughhard: Bella is such a pretty little dragon, why would she want to hide? :laughing6: I'm glad your little Thanksgiving trip went well. I hope the undigested worms stop showing up, and everything else looks very good. :love5: to Bella and all your family!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That big bowl of salad surprised me too, even harder to believe that she at it ALL. Where on earth does she put it all. :shock: She looks great Christine, just love her personality and the glass dancing to get your attention was adorable. :love5:
beardie osk":d9057 said:
Sorry, that's all I have for now, I'll post more if there is an interest.
Don't be silly, of course we want more pictures. :blob8: :blob5:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hi everyone,

JSCOTT Thanks for the well wishes, I found that pic cute as well. 8)

LIZARDGRRL Thanksgiving went well, Bella slowed down from her usual eating and pooing but is back to normal now. I had her tucked away in the bedroom, and most of the family don't really want to see her, but I find it interesting that everyone finds their way in the room to check on her, mmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe I'll get some converts. :wink:

MSMAUE Yes, it is shocking that she has such a good appetite, I am so grateful, both Pyrex and Ollie are picky eaters, so Bella is refreshing to watch.

DIAMC Thank-you for your compliments of Bella, I think she looks great as well. The only time I see her glass dance is when I'm sitting down to watch TV, it's as though she's saying, Pick me up, Pick me up! :blob5: :blob8:

Sorry I'm a little late for my "week-end report" of Bella, the holidays are upon us. Only have a few pics this week, so I'll post them at the end.
Bella appears well, I've been holding off giving her butterworms, since digestion is still not quite right with them. I posted some lighting questions in the enclosure, etc, but only got 1 reply, which I was very grateful, the suggestion was to up the heat, so I waited till this week-end to make sure I was home to monitor the temps, she leaves her basking site and gaps when I raise the temp, so I'm still at a loss. I've been giving her some can crickets, I get the large ones, cut the head, wings, and legs off, :shock: then cut them in half and she goobles them down. They don't come out whole, so I know she's getting the protein. Don't want to deal with the live crickets anymore nor the parasites.
Another interesting point is, she expells alot of fluid with her bowel movement/urates, is this ok? At least I know she's hydrated!
She appears healthy in all ways so I just keep trying different things to see what works best.
Here's a few pictures:

100_0191.jpg

(getting ready for a photo shoot,) "THIS IS MY GOOD SIDE"

100_0185.jpg

"ARE MY SEAMS STAIGHT?"

100_0193.jpg

"HOW ABOUT MY EYE MAKE-UP"

Hope you don't mind the silliness of the captions.......... well wishes and love to all. :wave:

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Hello! I just found this thread and it makes me so happy! She is beautiful- the intensity of her colors, her facial expressions, and of course her sexy legs! Has she had a vet visit yet? Well, I'm sure she is very glad to have a good home. I can't believe how small she is for her age. She deserves to be happy, and looks like she is! Thank you for doing what so many people can't- adopting a pet that isn't perfect, but still finding it perfect in your eyes.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
:laughhard:

Tell Miss Sexy Legs both her seams and makeup are flawless! Bella will be the belle of the ball! :love5:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
JASPER'S MOM I was going to post this pic on the thread "Sexy legs" as well, they really can get into funny positions, huh? :lol:

DOLCEDRAGON Thank-you for your kind words, and welcome to Bella's thread! She has been such a joy for me to have, and I only see beauty when I look at her and not her disabilities. I am going to take her to the vet after the holidays.......... the reason why I'm waiting is that she has been under so much stress and not having the right set-up for so long can cause abnormal lab speciman to rise....so.... with less stress......... counts can decrease and even correct themselves.......... I thought after the holidays would give enough time for her to balance out. I'll keep you posted, thanks for asking. :)

PROTIEMAMA I'm glad you like the captions, Sandy and Katherine! I hope to have more pics next time, don't have pics today, :( I will explain further down.

LIZARDGRRL Thanks for going along with the fun, I'll be sure Bella knows how you feel. :wink: things just come to me when I see the pics......... More to come soon hopefully.

A NEW UPDATE FOR EVERYONE:

Well, this has been a busy week, for all of us with Christmas coming right around the corner and all the hustle and bustle! I know everyone can relate.
I went to the Nutcracker thursday night during an ice storm no less....... came home....... got into bed at 11pm, and lo and behold the electricity went out......... we were in the middle of Maine's first ice storm, so I hoped I wouldn't loose power but there I was. Living in Me. you have to be prepared for anything so I have 10 hour hand warmer pads, etc. on hand but I thought power would go back on soon........ it was night....and fairly warm in the house. I dozed off and woke up at 3 AM, the house was cold......power was still out.........so I went upstairs put Pyrex, Ollie, and Bella between t-shirts on my chest, took Solomon my 7 lb poodle and went back to bed. WHAT A SIGHT TO BEHOLD, good thing I live alone, :lol: :lol: My dragons were so cold, they were stiff, they felt like popcicles :shock: ............. I had to work at 8AM and we were in the middle of a windy, ice storm, so when I got up, I got ready by flashlight, kept the babies on me, dressed only from the waist down in street clothes, leaving my PJ's and beardies in place and off we went to work were there was power. (I work in a rehab facility so they have generators) I set everyone up in my classroom and worked for the day. No one pooped or ate, but at least they were warm........... Many areas were claimed state of emergency because of power outage and had to relocate to shelters. When it was time to go home,(at 9pm) I put my t-shirts and beardies back in place and drove home. Somehow my power came back on in the afternoon the next day, but there are many folks without power still, and probably won't be back and running till Monday. I thank God for my circumstance, but pray for those who are still struggling. :(

Consequently, Bella had a hard day when she was at my work place............ she stayed in the corner of her tank in my office........ very dark.......... bearded out with any noise heard, and when I picked her up to take her home, she bearded at me and opened her mouth. It broke my heart, I felt like one of the beardies that attacked her and she was having flashbacks of those days. I do know that the doubt and feeling in her now, shouldn't last......... but it hurt to see her like that.

So today Pyrex and Ollie were as usual, but Bella didn't come out of her cave till 1pm or after.(she's usually the 1st one up and out in the morning) She did a big poop, but didn't eat, so I'm just letting her get re-adjusted and hopefully she will get back to where she was before............ so there's no pics this day, :( but I'll keep you posted!

When I decided to get a beardie, I thought of every circumstance possible for inclement weather, etc, and was glad I was prepared for it.............. beardies truely become our family, and even though there are people who think we're nuts, I know everyone here can relate in how special our babies are to us........so the moral of the story?.........be prepared for any problem that could arise........ and you will be thankful you did. Just wanted to pass on this info to help us all to be prepared.

Thanks for letting me post..... and vent....... well wishes to all.

Christine <><

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Oh my goodness Christine, an ice storm would scare me to death, as would beardie popsicles!! I feel bad for all of your BDs (and you!) for having to go through that, but especially little Bella. I'm sure she is extra defensive because she's been through so much and it will take her a couple of days to adjust, but she'll be fine. Good for you for being prepared! I'm glad your power came back on.. Now if you'll excuse me.. my neighbors are having a very loud party and my dragons are trying to sleep so I'm going to go yell at them.
Keep us updated on how everyone is doing!!

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
We never get ice storms here, don't even get snow except in unusual years, (although this is an unusually cold weekend here, and the hills may get dusted tonight or tomorrow) but I have been hearing about the storms and power outages in the north-east, and been keeping little prayers in my head for all suffering in the cold. Stay warm, stay well, and I hope Bella will understand that you love her despite all the chaos. We do what we have to do to protect our babies! Three beardies tucked in your clothes, :laughing6: I could probably handle that, maybe even four, as I have had two tucked in on occasion, but my whole crew? :roll:

:love5: and warm thoughts to you and your babies!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
DOLCEDRAGON Thank-you for your well wishes, we have power but still are in a state of emergency, for many are without power still. Hopefully your beardies are getting rest now that you straightened out the neighbors. :lol:

LIZARDGRRL I'm so glad your in Ca. so you don't have to deal with this weather, but I must say I had a visual of you with all your beardies, etc, on your person in bed. You'd have to have them on your arms and legs as well, can you picture it? :shock: I usually sleep on my side but slept on my back Thursday night, although, I don't think I really slept, just dozed, not because anyone was wiggling, I'm just a doting mom.
Thank-you for your warm wishes to my household of little friends, Bella is coming around.

MALIBUSMOM I'm so happy your power came back on soon, still, some are without, yet some never lost electricity? :dontknow: Thank-you, Bella is very sweet. I found her on craigs list, from a private owner in Mass, not a pet store. I knew when I saw her that I was suppose to have her, can't explain it, just knew. She has a special spot in my heart.

TODAY'S UPDATE:
Bella seems better today, she came out of her cave right away, which was a good sign, but didn't eat her usual amount of salad. I am trying the mega-ray with her to see if she digests better, she seemed to love it, color improved, basking/gaping and pointing toward the light, but the temps get so high, I have to really watch them. I gave her some butterworms so we'll see how they come out in her "daily constitution". Tomorrow is another day, hope we don't loose power again, pray for those who are without. :silent:

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
100_0758.jpg

She reminds me alot of Malibu.I got her from Zoo Creatures in Plaistow,N..H. which is very close to the Mass.
boarder.How old is she?Malibu will be 2 this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom