Gutloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Hey guys I was just wondering what everyone uses to gutload? I use dog or cat food with a bit of oatmeal and sometimes fish food and I use some kind of veggie more mostiure. What about everyone else?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I use almost exclusively veggies. I also have leaves and wood in my feeder enclosure and occasionally offer small amounts of raw meat and bones.

Cat food is high in protein which can be a problem with roaches. Fishfood and oatmeal tends to be high in phosphorus.

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
Dog and cat food is a bad idea. It is high in protein, and the way it is metabolized in feeders can lead to gout. Fruit and veg are best.

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
Anything you would feed your dragon works. I use mostly greens, carrot, and squash but whatever you have leftover from making beardie salad is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom