Growth Differences Between Sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanaE

I acquired a pair of clutch mates this summer from a well established breeder I trust and respect. Both dragons have gotten the same husbandry and care (from lighting, to feeding times, to size of the enclosure etc) since we have owned them. They are not housed together. Up until the last few months they have had very similar shed patterns and were the same size. But now, (at 7 months old) the leatherback is pushing 14 inches and her normal scaled sister is 11 and a half. She hasn't gone into a shed in awhile. Her appetite is wonderful and she has awkward (what we call)frog legs that need to be grown into. I have been feeding her more little meals throughout the day as if she were a bit younger hoping to encourage growth as well as giving her plenty of baths.

I just thought this was really interesting and to see if anyone thinks there is any cause for concern or had similar experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom